cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user0oy9Yr0F5K
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are having the same problem with disgusting debris that is left on the clothes. If you touch it, some pieces are gritty and other pieces are thin and smear across your clothing. Running the Pure cycle weekly has not resolved the problem. 

userYdrfo8woZa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem, and am sick of it.  I have had the machine for several years, and didn't realize where the flakes of gunk were coming from.  I have spend a lot of money on washing machine cleaning tablets and the hot water used with the self-cleaning cycle.  My latest situation I have ran the machine at least 8 times (twice with the cleaning tabs) and I have yet to get a cycle with no gunk left over.  I will not buy or recommend a Samsung washer again.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number as well as pictures of the  residue?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

userSV2KweKqqz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am horrified to see how many other people are experiencing this same issue. This is now the second Samsung washer (model WA40J3000AW/AA) where we are getting black, flaky sludge after every single wash. And we had both for less than two years when this started happening. On the first one I thought it was just our issue, so we just bought a new replacement washer (same model). Now, seeing all these other messages, I am upset that Samsung hasn’t done more to address this issue. I have followed all of the instructions for self cleaning (running bleach through multiple self clean cycles, cleaning with baking soda and vinegar, etc.) and the flakes just keep coming. 

Please advise Samsung.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message so that we can get some additional information.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

user09NgjT4RSr
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you had any luck getting a solution?? We are having the same issue 

usercMMpzOBU6S
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are having the same issue!! Brown flakes after every wash.  We have completed several self cleanings and purchased washer cleaner etc.  This is pretty ridiculus!! We too are disapointed! I need to discuss with an admin!!!!

userdQJT7WPdg7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Re: TOP LOAD WASHER

DISGUSTING BROWN SLUDGE RESIDUE

I have sludgy brown stuff on my clothes EVERY TIME I do laundry. The solution Samsung gives is to use the self clean cycle. Please! They do not care. I hate Samsung now. My clothes get ruined and I can’t afford a new machine . It is disgusting and never ending. I’ve done the self clean cycle with bleach with vinegar with baking soda. It doesn’t help.

I have the 

wa45h7000awa2 

Purchased it 2014. 

the worst purchase of my life!