cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you please send a PM with the full model and the serial number of your washer? http://bit.ly/2UWU6k4  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone,

To keep your washer tub clean, use the SELF CLEAN cycle at least once a month or every 20 cycles.

Perform the recommended procedures below when using the SELF CLEAN cycle. On 2011–2013 models, the SELF CLEAN cycle is labeled “Pure Cycle.”

1. Remove all items from the washer tub and ensure the tub is empty. Laundry left in the tub during the SELF CLEAN cycle may be damaged.
  2. Press Power to turn on the washer.
  3. Turn the Cycle Selector to SELF CLEAN (or select Pure Cycle).
  4. Press and hold Start/Pause (Hold to Start).
  5. After the SELF CLEAN cycle, leave the lid open to dry.

Note:

• The water temperature for SELF CLEAN is set to Hot and cannot be changed.
  • When noticeable residue is present in the washer tub, add 1 cup (8 fl.oz or 240ml) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment before you start the SELF CLEAN cycle.
  • Do not use or mix any other detergent or chemicals during the SELF CLEAN cycle. If necessary, run a RINSE+SPIN cycle after the SELF CLEAN cycle has completed to help remove any residual residue.
  • Please be aware that certain usage and environmental conditions may result in residue build-up or odor in the washer tub.

Caution:

• Check the washer tub before using the SELF CLEAN cycle. Remove any water remaining in the tub by running the SPIN ONLY cycle before starting the SELF CLEAN cycle.
  • If there is chlorine bleach left in the washer tub for an extended period of time, rust can occur.

If you have additional questions you can go here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/ or reach out to me or another Moderator in a direct message!

user2sLmj9pOpC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our WA50K8600AW  (purchased August 2016) is also plagued with the brown gunk.  We noticed the residue for the first time this morning, ironically enough after running Self Clean.  Since then we’ve run Self Clean ~10 times, including two runs with bleach and three with vinegar and baking soda.  The gunk returns every time.  There is no way we are putting our clothes in there now.  Samsung, please make this right or lose my business forever.  

useradgG6bPrFQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do this once a month diligently and have only had my washing machine for less than 2 years. Just a couple of months ago, I started noticing the same brown flaky stuff after washing my clothes with my Samsung washing machine. And it has been there ever since. However, it's no longer under warranty and I need to pay approximately rm100 just for a technician to come and look at my item. A technician who will obviously not be able to provide a solution as I can see via the comments here and hence I have decided not to spend that money on a faulty item. Samsung should own up to their faults and do something about it. It's utterly disappointing to what Samsung as a brand has become. I have been for years supporting the brand and your new items now I.e. phone and washing machine has been thoroughly disappointing. Mostly I hear that everyone complains about the same thing but obviously Samsung is not providing proper and long term solution to your customers.

userlswB8jpriE
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

EVERYONE HAVING THIS ISSUE PLEASE READ!!!! I have been having an issue with the disgusting brown flakes for quite awhile. I feel like it has even exacerbated my son’s allergy issues! I have attempted MANY things to get rid of the problem including following all of the company’s recommended self cleaning cycles with no relief. I have finally found something that worked for my problem!! I can’t of course guarantee that it will work for everyone but it’s cheap and easy so it’s worth a shot. I ran a self clean cycle with bleach (which I had done many times before). When it was complete I poured 6 liters of Coca Cola (yes that’s right Coca Cola) into the washer trying to ensure that it splashed all over the basin and into the holes. I let it soak for 24 hours then ran a normal cycle with hot water. The next load of clothes I ran had larger flakes that had a very light color, after that load I saw little to no flakes!! I did the process about a month ago and I am currently seeing no flakes!! Seriously this process is worth a try and so much cheaper than having a technician come to evaluate your machine and offer no solution. I don’t know how Samsung would feel about this solution but if worked for me so I really don’t care :-) From now on this is going to be my go to solution if the flakes reappear. I hope this works for some of you as well. 

userssFq3dUqow
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungGill  we are having the same problems with our Top Load Active Wash and we have only had it a year and a half. It has ruined more clothes than the dang machine is worth. I've run the self clean cycle, followed all manufacturer instructions, and still the on going problem.  What is Samsung doing to resolve the issue?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message so that we can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message so that we can get additional information: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Joymomoffour
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have a Samsung washer/dryer having the same problem as everyone else. Is there a recall or anything we can do about it? I just lost my husband in an accident and I don't have extra money to replace clothing and washer! I have run the self-wash several times and now it is worst! I followed your instruction and still have issues. we bought it from HHGREG and now they are no longer in business. Where or who should I go to? 

@SamsungGill wrote:

Hey everyone,

To keep your washer tub clean, use the SELF CLEAN cycle at least once a month or every 20 cycles.

Perform the recommended procedures below when using the SELF CLEAN cycle. On 2011–2013 models, the SELF CLEAN cycle is labeled “Pure Cycle.”

1. Remove all items from the washer tub and ensure the tub is empty. Laundry left in the tub during the SELF CLEAN cycle may be damaged.

Note:

• When noticeable residue is present in the washer tub, add 1 cup (8 fl.oz or 240ml) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment before you start the SELF CLEAN cycle.
  • Do not use or mix any other detergent or chemicals during the SELF CLEAN cycle. If necessary, run a RINSE+SPIN cycle after the SELF CLEAN cycle has completed to help remove any residual residue.
  • Please be aware that certain usage and environmental conditions may result in residue build-up or odor in the washer tub.

Caution:

• Check the washer tub before using the SELF CLEAN cycle. Remove any water remaining in the tub by running the SPIN ONLY cycle before starting the SELF CLEAN cycle.
  • If there is chlorine bleach left in the washer tub for an extended period of time, rust can occur.

If you have additional questions you can go here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/ or reach out to me or another Moderator in a direct message!

@SamsungGill wrote:

Hey everyone,

Note:

Caution:

userfYCT54ZLh6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This “SOLUTION” does not work!!!!!

Samsung, I guess you would rather get a bad name than to address the concerns of your consumers. This is not a cosmetic problem! Mold is a real issue and can cause many health problems!! That seems very serious to me.