cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userh4vILMpS9F
Astronaut

Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

My washer is leaving a brown residue on all my clothes! I will never buy a Samsung again. We’ve had the washer for maybe 2 years. We have tried several remedies we found online and nothing is working. My husband had tried taking the bottom of washer off but the bolt doesn’t come lose. I now have to go to the laundry mat to wash my clothes. Spending more money to wash my clothes. Very disgusted right now! If anyone has something that worked please please respond back! Thank you! 

9 REPLIES 9
user7vMy6HGQzS
Constellation

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

We are in the same boat as you! This just started about a weeks ago with our washer. It is absolutely disgusting and I have to keep washing the clothes over and over again. I have ran numerous self clean cycles and it’s still not working! Has Samsung corrected anyone’s issues?!!! This is extremely fusturating! 

userJowjnhZilj
Constellation

Same here. Mine just started and self cleaning about 10 times and getting worse. More brown stuff are in the tube each run. Disappointed in samsung washer!
usertL6VX9hmqt
Astronaut

My washing machine is also doing the same thing with brown flakes all over our clothes and the bottom of the machine. I cannot find a filter location in the WA48H7400AW/A2 model, does anyone know where I can locate it. I checked the hose and it was filthy with sludge how do I replace that as well?

thanks.

userNkU5n0ENwP
Asteroid

same here! really, really frustrating! 

IMG_1684.jpgIMG_1683.jpgIMG_1685.jpgIMG_3933.jpg

userBdjLAWcXiI
Constellation

Just had the same problem this week.  Absolutely ruined the clothes in the wash.  Probably $750 worth of clothes.   Awaiting the advanced customer relation team to call me tomorrow.  Will post what they said.  

Talked to Benjamin from basic customer support.   As nice as he was, he wasn’t much help other than getting my info to the customer support team.   Seems like this a recurrring problem with the model.  

-Travis

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Would you happen to have a transaction number that we could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userynvGyVf6CE
Constellation

Hi.

I found this happens when my wife does a full load she uses more soap and softener than recomended and when the machine had dried out and we did another load the residue would appear. Now immeadiatly after she does a full load I add 1 cup vinegar on full load rince cycle and 3 min spin and this seem to clear out the machine. When I do a full load with recomended amount of soap and softener there is no residue. The excess soap etc seems to collect on the higher section of the brum and barrel and rince mode does not splash enough water up to rince this section. A rince cycle with no clothes splashes more and reached the higher areas.

Hope this helps.

userwWT6qjSWKD
Constellation

I too have this problem with brown residue. I have run the self clean, run it with vinegar, and then ran it with bleach.nothing seems to take care of this! First I had to exchange the machine because of the exploding lids. Now after 2 years my clothes are dirtier after I wash them then before! Is there any so,union for this? I don’t think I’ll never buy a Samsung appliance again, especially not washing machine! HELP!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please send a private message with your full model code and serial number so I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky