cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userXhP1YbAXIY
Constellation

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All of the brown stuff is coming from under the cover inside the machine, assuming your machine does not have an agitator. I removed the cover and cleaned it all out. After about a month it started to come back.

userXhP1YbAXIY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Washer WA422PRHDWR/AA and it has the exact same problem. I have been cleaning this thing consitently since we bought it and it is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. I took out the cover inside the washer and underneath was this nasty looking stuff everywhere. I cleaned it all out until and ran the washer until it was not leaving any mess. Less than a month goes by and I am getting this brown stuff in my wash cycle. I take the agitator back out and the brown stuff is caking up underneath again. I bought all Samsung appliances and they all are garbage. The refrigerator has dripped water from the water dispenser since it was new. The oven pre-heat for my electric range doesnt work correctly anymore, the temp shows it reaches the pre-heat temp really fast and it is off by over 100 degrees. The dryer makes a lot of noise. I guess the only thing I haven't had an issue with is the over range microwave. I am sure this is out of warranty, but appliances should last more than five years. This has been going on for a long time too.

userXqfPHoFscz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this exact problem as well! My Samsung dryer already broke once after  two years, and the washer hasn’t been right for over a year. The brown residue is DISGUSTING and knowing now that it’s mold is SUPER concerning. What is Samsung doing about this issue???  I have used the self clean cycle at least once a week since I’ve had the machine and no matter how much I run it now the brown residue is there. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userXqfPHoFscz, to look into this concern, please send us a private message to the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userRKAyJ26dub
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue, I have cleaned the washer multiple times on the pure cycle, but it just keeps getting worse. This is due to the plate at the bottom of the drum being 2 parts, with the build up being between the parts.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userRKAyJ26dub I can understand the frustrations and would be happy to assist you. Could you provide the full model and serial number via private message?

Dealio
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue as well, gunk build up between the 2 part pulsator.

Self-clean does not remove the sludge from the bottom of the plastic tub, or in between the white plastic and stainless pulsator components.

Model WA52M7750AW/A4

Highlighted
user0POQwVguSM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are having the same problem with our Samsung washer (WA5451ANW) leaving brown/orange streaks on clothes for the last nine months or so, but only recently figured out it seems to be sludge dripping from somewhere near the top of the washer. The stains are more frequent now, ruining everything white or light colored, and the stains do not come out. Help!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you have followed the steps provided and your symptoms have not been resolved by the solution in this thread...

Please send one of our moderators a message with your contact information along with your model and serial numbers. We're happy to escalate this for any customers that are experiencing symptoms after following the steps listed in the solution.

Community Guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817
Terms of Service: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-Terms-and-Conditions/ba-p/460091
userhaIxn065E9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi.  We have just started to get the same issue with our WA52J8700AW/A2 washer that is 3 years old.  No matter how many SELF CLEAN cycles we have done, nothing is working!  I needed to call Best Buy and set up a service call to see what the culprit may be.  I feel fortunate that we purchased a 5 year extended warranty!! (so much for "durable goods")   I have a feeling that it may be the same issue as the above poster.  I will get back to this forum with an update after next Thursday's service call.

Meanwhile........

@user3FpxJadqh2 wrote:

My Samsung WA45H7000A washer has been leaving brown residue on our clothes for months.  We have only had this washer for less than three years.  I have cleaned and cleaned the inside of the washer, as well as run the self-cleaning cycle many, many times in the past three years.  Finally, I decided to investigate what is causing the disgusting residue on our clothes.  As soon as I took the bolt cover off of the pulsator, I knew what the problem was.   Just under that cover, there was mold.  I took out the bolt and removed the pulsator and there is mold ALL OVER under it and all the way down to the bottom of the washer which you can not get to to clean.  How disgusting!  I have been washing my kids' clothes in this mold for months and months?!?!  I'm sure Samsung is going to do nothing about this!  There is no way to clean this - I am going to have to get a new washer.  I sure hope my Samsung dryer, refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, and microwave last longer than this!  I will never buy Samsung products again!