cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userhFKqDl1UfT
Constellation

Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My washer is less than 15 months old and there is brown residue all over my clothes. I’ve washed the washer with bleach, vinegar and everything! How can I get rid of this? Samsung, I better get a replacement ASAP if this can’t be corrected!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would be happy to look into this for you. Can you provide a private message to the link with your model number and the serial number: http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

86 REPLIES 86
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would be happy to look into this for you. Can you provide a private message to the link with your model number and the serial number: http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userWXdDPq8hV1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am experiencing the same issue. I’ve tried the clean cycle multiple times, with and without bleach. I’ve had this washer is barely a year and it’s leaving my clothes a mess! What is the fix for this issue?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userWXdDPq8hV1 I would be delighted to look into this for you! Mind sending me a private message with your full model and serial number?

userpUYkMNaXI8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

We purchased a Samsung Washer and Dryer and we have had several service calls to try to find out where all the brown residue is coming from. No matter what we do we cannot get rid of it. We had a service package through Best Buy and they tried blaming us for using too much soap, not cleaning it regularly, etc. but this isn't the first washer we have owned. The problem really gets bad when we don't use the washer for several days or when we return from going out of town. I have seen this happen before in another industry when dissimilar metals and water get together and form galvonic corosion. This can really be the only reason it gets worse when it's not being constantly used. If the water is always moving with the submerged dissimilar metals the corosion cannot form but when it stops it forms a charge when the stronger metal attacks the weaker metal forming this corosion.

We replaced the impeller and it didn't help. I thought it just had a bunch of debris traps under the impeller and inside the impeller but that doesn't explain why it gets so much worse if it's not used for a few days. This points to galvonic corosion. Do you think this could be the problem? Do you know what types of metals are used under the water level? Stainless steel, Aluminum, Alloy, or Steel?

I've see quite a lot of people have the same issue. Is there any plan to do anything for any of us?  Maybe it just acts like galvonic corosion? I would have gotten rid of these a long time ago, but I paid a lot for them and they look really nice. 

Model# WA56H9000AP/A2

Let me know if there are any plans so I can decide what to do. Either way it's been going on for way to long and I have stop using it. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For assistance with this concern, please send us a private message to the link.

userwSAnMoGOYZ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with my washer WA40J3000 / serial number <HIDDEN>. Could you please send me the solution.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userwSAnMoGOYZ I would like to look into this a bit further for you. Mind sending me a private message with the following information:

Full Name: 
Street address: 
Email Address: 
Best Contact Number: 
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available) 
Place of Purchase: 

userfJvGtfScbC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why do we have to send a private message for an issue that is well known. I'd just like to know how to fix it or purchase a different brand. So gross. My whites are ruined. This is particularly after a self cleaning. GrossIMG_20190722_204502.jpg

userLLOZYD2gmf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having this exact same issue!!! I havent been able to wash a load in a long time and have ran every type of wash cycle I possibly could with every type of cleaner I can think of!! I really hope Samsung takes care of its customers and makes this problem right asap. Here is a photo of the drum after 10 self clean cycles. Just as gross as ever!!!! IMG_4497.jpg