cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userhFKqDl1UfT
Constellation

Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My washer is less than 15 months old and there is brown residue all over my clothes. I’ve washed the washer with bleach, vinegar and everything! How can I get rid of this? Samsung, I better get a replacement ASAP if this can’t be corrected!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would be happy to look into this for you. Can you provide a private message to the link with your model number and the serial number: http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

145 REPLIES 145
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would be happy to look into this for you. Can you provide a private message to the link with your model number and the serial number: http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userWXdDPq8hV1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am experiencing the same issue. I’ve tried the clean cycle multiple times, with and without bleach. I’ve had this washer is barely a year and it’s leaving my clothes a mess! What is the fix for this issue?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userWXdDPq8hV1 I would be delighted to look into this for you! Mind sending me a private message with your full model and serial number?

userHrFHkfH8yi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are having this exact problem with the washer that is in the home that we just moved into.  It is disgusting.  I just got off the phone with Samsung and the guy was incredibly unhelpful.  We are so disappointed with Samsung.  Moderator, are you able to help us? @SamsungAl @SamsungDarius 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userHrFHkfH8yi  Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

user9PTVWsDCCH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So glad to have found this to know that I am not the only person with this issue!! I have had the same problem with ours. I run the self clean cycle frequently and there are still brown residue all over our clothes. My daughter's new white soccer uniform now has spots all over it. No matter what we do we can't get rid of them. Our washer is 3-4 yrs old. I paid alot of money for this just to have to go to the laundry mat! I hope I can get a resolution!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would be more than happy to assist you with this concern. Can you send us a private message to the link below?

http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

userZ2SqYUw8jd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have been dealing with the SAME thing for almost a month! Cannot wash clothes and are having to wash them in the tub because I cannot drag my 3 young children (one who uses a walker) to a laundromat and have spoken with samsung multiple times about this issue. The first person said to use bleach  and then vinegar a to resolve it. The second specified to use bleach 3-4 times and vinegar 1-2 times. I used bleach NINE times on self clean and vinegar 4 and we are not any closer to resolution.  On top of this, I called Samsung back again and they told me they would send a repair person and then the repair person did not show up. The following day was a weekend so I called Lowe’s where we had purchased the machine 2 1/2 years ago and they gave me the name of another local repair person who was Samsung certified. That person came yesterday and basically told me I might need to run vinegar through my washer 2 to 3 months to get it cleaned out. We cannot afford to be without a washer for that long it has already put on our life on hold enough. Are there any other resolutions or discounts that Samsung can provide for selling us this lemon?! We will be making it known never to buy a Samsung again!

userpUYkMNaXI8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

We purchased a Samsung Washer and Dryer and we have had several service calls to try to find out where all the brown residue is coming from. No matter what we do we cannot get rid of it. We had a service package through Best Buy and they tried blaming us for using too much soap, not cleaning it regularly, etc. but this isn't the first washer we have owned. The problem really gets bad when we don't use the washer for several days or when we return from going out of town. I have seen this happen before in another industry when dissimilar metals and water get together and form galvonic corosion. This can really be the only reason it gets worse when it's not being constantly used. If the water is always moving with the submerged dissimilar metals the corosion cannot form but when it stops it forms a charge when the stronger metal attacks the weaker metal forming this corosion.

We replaced the impeller and it didn't help. I thought it just had a bunch of debris traps under the impeller and inside the impeller but that doesn't explain why it gets so much worse if it's not used for a few days. This points to galvonic corosion. Do you think this could be the problem? Do you know what types of metals are used under the water level? Stainless steel, Aluminum, Alloy, or Steel?

I've see quite a lot of people have the same issue. Is there any plan to do anything for any of us?  Maybe it just acts like galvonic corosion? I would have gotten rid of these a long time ago, but I paid a lot for them and they look really nice. 

Model# WA56H9000AP/A2

Let me know if there are any plans so I can decide what to do. Either way it's been going on for way to long and I have stop using it.