cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userK6fJkb8i37
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cant believe this. I have had mine for about 3 years and always thought I was doing something wrong. I constantly have residue on my clothing. Same thing, brown filmy residue... Who would ever imagine this was a Samsung issue. The unit should be recalled. This is absurd

userfxII0xWJZw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My top loading Samsung is 5 years old and has been leaving these brown flakes all over my Laundry for a few years.  I have used the pure cycle through the life of this machine and lately have repeated it a few times trying to get rid of this disgusting residue. Reading all the complaints about this on going topic makes me wonder why Samsung has not yet called for a recall. I too will never buy another Samsung product of any type since this company does not stand behind their products!!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userfxII0xWJZw I understand how frustrating that is. I would like to escalate this for you. Will you please send a private message with the full model code and serial number? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

userJtQTyuWk6H
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are they doing anything about this to fix problems? Refund or replace? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userJtQTyuWk6H Good morning, If you are experiencing this issue with your Samsung washer, please send a private message with your full model code and serial number. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

userKx7yjTeeKo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. I routinely run my washer on the clean cycle withRefresh cleaner. I’ve also scrubbed the entire drum and any thing I can reach with a soft bristled brush and there is still brown residue and a terrible smell. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKx7yjTeeKo Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userBdjLAWcXiI Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

userJU4rQWXG3Z
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. After I posted a complaint about my washer which is only 1.5 yo, Samsung rep responded to private message him/her. I spent so much time going back and forth messaging all the details. He asked for the issue first, then photos, then Full name, email address, home address, where we purchased it. Finally he issued a ticket, but nobody contacted, I called called and called, was on the phone on hold for a long while 5-6 times. Eventually they called back to set up a technician to come to diagnose. But since the washer is out of warranty, I would have to pay for technician to come diagnose, if any parts required also out of my pocket.

So in conclusion, they make it a long painful process so customers would give up. You have to spend a lot of time for them to tell you that regular cycle cleaning should be done, they don't know about this issue and that customer is paying for the technician just to check at first and the parts if needed, etc. So doesn't worth wasting time. We will never buy Samsung products! 

Within 2years we bought 4 TV as well, one broke wouldn't turn on. We had a Samsung Galaxy phone again issues withing 5 month 

User15084321
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Either Samsung is more willing to address this Brown Residue issue now or I just happened to get a more accomodating Samsung representative, Samsung has arranged for a Authorized Center technician to try to fix this issue for us. They will be covering the cost of the Labor and Parts even though our washer is more than 3 years old.

They did ask various questions (as In your case), but the process was relatively straightforward. I never had to make any telephone calls, other than to set up the appointment time for the technician.

In another 5 days, I will know if the technician is able to resolve the issue.