cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was told the exact same thing.   I can not get any resolution...just the run around.   We purchased an exented warranty through Sears and still no resolution.  They say they need to repair the machine.  My question is how do you repair the machine and resolve this?  The answer was it will probably happen again.   This is just unacceptable.  We should not have to subject our families to all this mold.

At this point there is nothing else to do except purchase a new washer.   It definitely will not be a Sumsung!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have been battling this same issue with the Brown residue (was my wife calls it fish food flakes) for over a year now.  Since seeing the photos and the discussion around mold,  we are really concerned.  My wife’s asthma has gotten worst over the last six months.  Now we are wondering if the exposure to this mold is a reason for her increased symptoms.   No company should want or have their products exposing people to mold.  I have seen houses, schools and apartments completely gutted due to mold contamination.  Should not the same thing happen here with the washer?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message so that we can look into this for you? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model WA48J7700A

I'm having the same problem.  I've run the Self Clean cycle 20 times in the past 2 days and brown sludge continues to remain after every cycle.  This sludge ruined so many of my good clothes that I washed on the delicate cycle before I realized this sludge was coming from the machine.  I can't believe that Samsung is doing nothing about this...

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought our top loading washingmachine WA48J7770A about 4 years ago.  I have had problems with brown flakes remaining in the tub after loads are finished and sometimes embedding my clothing.  I have wiped down the tub and detergent receptacles, ran the sanitizing cycle, ran the Pure cycle, changed the lint trap and there's still chunks of flakes. I can't imagine what the "fix" would be for this issue but we cannot keep using this machine.  Seems for all the posts I am not alone with this issue...reading them, they go back over 6 years with no resolution.  What that means is Samsung has your money and does not care about their customers..We have contacted Samsung numerous times with no resolution either.  Each time they want you to try something more ridiculous this the previous resolution.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Brown Residue in Top Washer Model WA48J7770A

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought our top loading washing machine WA48J7770A about 4 years ago.  I have had problems with brown flakes remaining in the tub after loads are finished and sometimes embedding my clothing.  I have wiped down the tub and detergent receptacles, ran the sanitizing cycle, ran the Pure cycle, changed the lint trap and there's still chunks of flakes. I can't imagine what the "fix" would be for this issue but we cannot keep using this machine.  Seems from all the posts, I am not alone with this issue...reading them, they go back over 6 years with no resolution.  What that means is Samsung has your money and does not care about their customers..We have contacted Samsung numerous times with no resolution either.  Each time they want you to try something more ridiculous then the previous resolution.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Brown Residue in Top Washer Model WA48J7770A

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number if you would like for us to look into this: Link

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Brown Residue in Washing Machine

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my washer for 3 years and recently I have noticed brown sludge/chunks on my clothing after a wash cycle. I ran the self clean and purchased a washing machine cleaning product, after running the machine on empty the brown residue left in the drum was disgusting! I had to shop vac it out. Cleaning the machine hasn't helped and I am still left with brown sludge particles on my clothes after every wash! I had another samsung washer for 7 years prior to this one and had no probems. It's disgusting! I really don't want to have to buy a new washing machine right now!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Check your drain hose. May be clogged causing sludge to b...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Check your drain hose. May be clogged causing sludge to back up into your machine

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Check your drain hose. May be clogged causing sludge to b...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Checked it, it's not clogged.