cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useriMf0Qq0WTx
Constellation

top loading washer - mold and mildew on washer plate -- WHAT IS THE SOLUTION???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As with MANY others on this forum, I have an issue with my top-loading Samsung washer (WA45H7000AW/A2) where it leaves black dirt at the bottom of the drum after washing.  No amount of "self-clean" will fix this (unless you're telling me it will take more than 10 times in a row, with bleach, vinegar, etc.).  I removed the washer plate and it is filled with a black modly substance that is seemingly trapped (pic showing bottom of washer plate attached).  I called Samsung and no matter who I talked to  they had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA ABOUT  this issue.  Which is strange because...

...on the many forum posts about this issue, a Samsung moderator engages the poster and requests information, ostensibly so that they can provide a solution.  Yet there is never any followup stating what the solution is (other than perhaps buying a non-Samsung washer).  So this is the last chance before I never buy anything from Samsung again...IS THERE IN FACT A SOLUTION????  (Samsung, please post solution publicly or not at all)IMG_20190810_200548374.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: top loading washer - mold and mildew on washer plate -- WHAT IS THE SOLUTION???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send a private message with your serial number. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

useriMf0Qq0WTx
Constellation

Re: top loading washer - mold and mildew on washer plate -- WHAT IS THE SOLUTION???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No thanks.  Please provide the solution, if any. 

userDPo3NEgSJo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How were you able to remove washer plate?

I'd like to see what's going on under mine.

I was informed a "specialized team" was handling my request 4 days ago and would be in contact.

Chirp

Chirp

Chirp

Meanwhile, my family of five has no clean clothes, towels, etc. 

I washed a small load of my old running clothes yesterday  since I am not worried about the filth ruining them.  Disgusting results.  I shouldn't have to inspect every article of clothing after it's washed.  I am so frustrated.

useriMf0Qq0WTx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First, remove the plastic cap in the middle.  Pop it off carefully with a flathead screwdriver.

Second, use a 10mm socket wrench to loosen and remove the bolt.  After that, it's a bit difficult to get the plate up but it can be done.  

It was gross under there.  And that's after having run the "self-clean" feature (with bleach, vinegar, etc) at least five straight times.  

This was a last-ditch effort to get an answer from Samsung.  But given my experience with them on the phone I predict a new (non-Samsung) washing machine in my future.

Highlighted
userSQrnwQe2NL
Constellation

Dirt and residue in machine

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are having a similar problem with dirt and residue in the bottom of our washer. It gets worse when we do not use the machine for a week or so. Our washer was purchased 5 years ago and we have been extremely disappointed with the Samsung washer/dryer. Love to know what the fix is? I have had to run a number of rinse cycles since getting home from vacation so I can try and wash without dirty stuff all over my clothes. Disappointing that so many people are having the same problem.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dirt and residue in machine

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSQrnwQe2NL I would be delighted to look into this for you since I understand the frustrations. Mind sending me a private message with your full model and serial number?

userkAbTuxARVJ
Astronaut

Re: Dirt and residue in machine

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue that many others are having with their Samsung washer.  There's 17 pages of it here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Washers-and-Dryers/Why-is-there-dirt-in-the-bottom-in-my-machine...

Mine is model wa45h7000aw/a2.  All of the photos everyone has posted look exactly the same as mine, with dirt and debris on the bottom, even after running self-clean multiple times.  Every time it seems that a Samsung rep requests a private message to look into it further.  Does this go anywhere?  

user5Dqxgk0uPf
Constellation

Brown residue left on our clothes after wash

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m at my wits end. All our clothes, our towels, my husbands uniforms for work are all stained with this disgusting residue that won’t come out.  I originally thought it was the dryer leaving the stains maybe because the heating element was burning the clothes but now I’m not so sure. Every piece of anything we’ve ever laundered is marked with these stains that won’t come out. I’ve ran the self clean cycles with bleach, then vinegar, then afresh washer cleaner, then rinsed all that on another self clean cycle to make sure nothing is left behind, that took the entire day to clean and it’s still doing it. When I contacted Samsung they acted like they didn’t know anything about it and said there’s a recall on the washer and would come out and repair the spin on the washer but I can’t even get them to contact me. It’s a joke. My set isn’t even 3 years old yet. I don’t have the means to buy another set, at 1500$ these should’ve lasted me for at least 10 years or better. I’ll never buy another Samsung product, such a waste. Anybody have any options for a fix?? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Brown residue left on our clothes after wash

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're sorry to hear that! Please send us a private message with any ticket numbers that you have: Link