cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung washer brown residue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m having the exact same issue of flaky brown debris in my washer after every use. It’s getting worse since an expensive out-of-warranty replacement of the support struts that had broken earlier this summer. 

What is the solution?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same problem! There are so many complaining and some are saying it is mold deep down where you can’t clean.  I have had several items of clothing destroyed. 

Let’s go Samsung and do what’s right and either clean our machines inside out or better yet RECALL it and give us new machines!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user5UFDKirBJl  We're sorry to hear that! Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

Highlighted
Constellation

I had the exact same gross problem! Bleach did nothing. W...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the exact same gross problem! Bleach did nothing. What did work finally was adding a small bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide (3%) to the hot water when it filled for a self clean cycle. I do it like 1 or 2 times a month depending. Good luck!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having the same issue as well. I have to be washing my clothes up to 3 times to remove the brown flakes/residue.  I do self clean at least every 15 to 18 loads.  Here is an attached picture after the self clean. So much residue. This is a real headache. I suppose to be feeling happy for having clean clothes, but it is the total opposite. Help, please!Brown flakes/residue problem!Brown flakes/residue problem!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message so that we can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issues with our WA50M7450AW.  We bought this one after the recall on the last one.  My daughter has a mold allergy, if this is making her sick and Samsung knew they had a problem I'll be extra mad.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useraEJCKDILBv  Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you: Link

Highlighted
Constellation

top loading washer - mold and mildew on washer plate -- WHAT IS THE SOLUTION???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As with MANY others on this forum, I have an issue with my top-loading Samsung washer (WA45H7000AW/A2) where it leaves black dirt at the bottom of the drum after washing.  No amount of "self-clean" will fix this (unless you're telling me it will take more than 10 times in a row, with bleach, vinegar, etc.).  I removed the washer plate and it is filled with a black modly substance that is seemingly trapped (pic showing bottom of washer plate attached).  I called Samsung and no matter who I talked to  they had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA ABOUT  this issue.  Which is strange because...

...on the many forum posts about this issue, a Samsung moderator engages the poster and requests information, ostensibly so that they can provide a solution.  Yet there is never any followup stating what the solution is (other than perhaps buying a non-Samsung washer).  So this is the last chance before I never buy anything from Samsung again...IS THERE IN FACT A SOLUTION????  (Samsung, please post solution publicly or not at all)IMG_20190810_200548374.jpg