cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useriMf0Qq0WTx
Constellation

Re: top loading washer - mold and mildew on washer plate -- WHAT IS THE SOLUTION???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First, remove the plastic cap in the middle.  Pop it off carefully with a flathead screwdriver.

Second, use a 10mm socket wrench to loosen and remove the bolt.  After that, it's a bit difficult to get the plate up but it can be done.  

It was gross under there.  And that's after having run the "self-clean" feature (with bleach, vinegar, etc) at least five straight times.  

This was a last-ditch effort to get an answer from Samsung.  But given my experience with them on the phone I predict a new (non-Samsung) washing machine in my future.

userSQrnwQe2NL
Constellation

Dirt and residue in machine

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are having a similar problem with dirt and residue in the bottom of our washer. It gets worse when we do not use the machine for a week or so. Our washer was purchased 5 years ago and we have been extremely disappointed with the Samsung washer/dryer. Love to know what the fix is? I have had to run a number of rinse cycles since getting home from vacation so I can try and wash without dirty stuff all over my clothes. Disappointing that so many people are having the same problem.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dirt and residue in machine

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSQrnwQe2NL I would be delighted to look into this for you since I understand the frustrations. Mind sending me a private message with your full model and serial number?

userkAbTuxARVJ
Astronaut

Re: Dirt and residue in machine

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue that many others are having with their Samsung washer.  There's 17 pages of it here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Washers-and-Dryers/Why-is-there-dirt-in-the-bottom-in-my-machine...

Mine is model wa45h7000aw/a2.  All of the photos everyone has posted look exactly the same as mine, with dirt and debris on the bottom, even after running self-clean multiple times.  Every time it seems that a Samsung rep requests a private message to look into it further.  Does this go anywhere?  

Highlighted
user5Dqxgk0uPf
Constellation

Brown residue left on our clothes after wash

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m at my wits end. All our clothes, our towels, my husbands uniforms for work are all stained with this disgusting residue that won’t come out.  I originally thought it was the dryer leaving the stains maybe because the heating element was burning the clothes but now I’m not so sure. Every piece of anything we’ve ever laundered is marked with these stains that won’t come out. I’ve ran the self clean cycles with bleach, then vinegar, then afresh washer cleaner, then rinsed all that on another self clean cycle to make sure nothing is left behind, that took the entire day to clean and it’s still doing it. When I contacted Samsung they acted like they didn’t know anything about it and said there’s a recall on the washer and would come out and repair the spin on the washer but I can’t even get them to contact me. It’s a joke. My set isn’t even 3 years old yet. I don’t have the means to buy another set, at 1500$ these should’ve lasted me for at least 10 years or better. I’ll never buy another Samsung product, such a waste. Anybody have any options for a fix?? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Brown residue left on our clothes after wash

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're sorry to hear that! Please send us a private message with any ticket numbers that you have: Link

userDPo3NEgSJo
Cosmic Ray

Re: Brown residue left on our clothes after wash

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Read throught the threads in this forum.  You are not alone.

I have had same problem for 6 months on a 2 year old machine.

It appears the only true fix is: Samsung recall(hasn't happened yet), class action lawsuit (hasn't happened yet) or buy a new washing machine.

userCilvoseDtv
Asteroid

Brown mold/Mildew in the washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like I’m having the same issue as many other people. Started noticing brown residue floating in my washer. Ran several “self clean” cycles to no help. I vacuumed out to the residue with a wet vacuum and ran a self clean again. I’ve pulled the hoses off to clean and have been trying to get the pulsator off to inspect underneath. I’m unable to remove it. When I took the cap off the pulsator, it was covered in a brown slime like reside. Felt like vomiting. Never would I have thought I’d be seeing this. 

userCilvoseDtv
Asteroid

Re: Brown mold/Mildew in the washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ED07B5C6-BDC2-427A-8AE6-336B13C6DD2E.jpeg

A36F031B-C37A-44A7-89E9-15B0C5B5BD82.jpeg

These are the photos to go along with my post. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Brown mold/Mildew in the washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message in order to get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.