cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZWgLrhWpVs
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m having the same issue. SO frustrated i can’t even use my washer. Has anyone had a decent response from Samsung? I will not be recommending Samsung appliances to anyone. It looks like this has been a problem for a lot of people for months and nothing has been done to fix it. I got a reply to my private message with a list of things to try. I’ve done all those many times. This is ruining our clothes! I just had back surgery and now I have to haul my clothes to a laundromat! Samsung you need to recall these machines!

Highlighted
userDPo3NEgSJo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Subcontracted techs came to fix my washer two weeks ago.  Took it apart.  It was disgustingly foul what they found underneath.  Could not clean or fix and decided they had to replace the entire drum and interior of washer.  Basically, only the original shell and motherboard will remain.  So they had to order parts and sent a tech last Saturday to replace.  I spent my entire Saturdat waiting.  He arrived.  Didn't have proper tools to take apart.  Had to reschedule for today so I had to take a full day off from work. Apparently, he entered wrong date (8/29 instead of 8/28).  So here I am, not at work, and my washer is not getting fixed.  Had to reschedule again for Saturday.

Will let you know how it goes.  I suspect it will be fine for a number of months and then the same thing will happen again since it is an engineering problem.  

There should really be a recall at this point or  class action suit.  Any takers?

userZWgLrhWpVs
Asteroid

Disgusting residue in washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to know what is being done about the many complaints of the brown/black residue in the top load washers. I can’t even use my washer. I’ve done at least 10 self clean cycles in the last couple days using Affresh washer tablets, bleach, or vinegar. More residue every time. I’ve cleaned my machine regularly up to this point but this has gotten worse. I recently had major back surgery but now I have to somehow haul all my laundry to a laundromat! Extremely frustrating when I have an expensive Samsung washer sitting at home. It is ruining clothes. Not to mention that I’m sure it’s not healthy. What is being done about it? 23EFB927-9979-499F-A58E-42599D6D4A6B.jpeg

userDPo3NEgSJo
Cosmic Ray

Re: Disgusting residue in washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Subcontracted techs came to fix my washer two weeks ago.  Took it apart.  It was disgustingly foul what they found underneath.  Could not clean or fix and decided they had to replace the entire drum and interior of washer.  Basically, only the original shell and motherboard will remain.  So they had to order parts and sent a tech last Saturday to replace.  I spent my entire Saturdat waiting.  He arrived.  Didn't have proper tools to take apart.  Had to reschedule for today so I had to take a full day off from work. Apparently, he entered wrong date (8/29 instead of 8/28).  So here I am, not at work, and my washer is not getting fixed.  Had to reschedule again for Saturday.

Will let you know how it goes.  I suspect it will be fine for a number of months and then the same thing will happen again since it is an engineering problem.  

There should really be a recall at this point or  class action suit.  Any takers?

userZWgLrhWpVs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And who is paying for all those repairs? Considering that there are many complaints of this same thing tells me a recall needs to be issued. They’re going to have a law suit on their hands when someone gets sick. 

usergsZ4PR75Y7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I thought I was looking at my own picture of my washer...that’s EXACTLY what mine looks like 😡

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userNM4of1hrgV and @usergsZ4PR75Y7 Please send a private message with the full model code, serial number and any pictures you have of the residue so I may look into this for you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

userxvr9RQmN2o
Astronaut

Brown Flakes/Residue in Top Load Washer - SOLVED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I came across this issue like so many others and I was able to solve it. Perhaps this will be beneficial to others. I ran many self cleans but it did not work. Also ran a couple of bleach cycles, then some vinegar cycles. The brown flakes still appeared but the unit seemed cleaner and there was less residue. Finally I took off the pulsator, cleaned underneath and also cleaned the pulsator. I realized most of the residue was coming from inside the pulsator, which I was unable to clean out. In an effort to switch out the pulsator, I ordered the new part that corresponded with my unit's model number (it's called an assy pulsator) from an online appliance part store for about $100. I installed the new pulsator and I no longer have this residue in the wash cycle. 

userNM4of1hrgV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem! I cant for the life of me get this thing clean and I'm quite frustrated!

usergsZ4PR75Y7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing is happening to me. It’s disgusting and washer is not even 3 yrs old. I called Samsung and they want me to pay someone to come look at it and fix it.  Thanks for your help 😡😡They should pay for this. Especially since we have already paid a technician to come out and tell us our washer is just dirty🙄never will I ever buy a Samsung product again. Attaching pic of the filth our clothes are washing in. 

2AF4E6A3-B3FD-4F1C-9976-07509F3CCA77.jpeg