cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rb77
Constellation

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same exact problem and decided to do an internet search to see if I can find out why. I almost wish I didn't come across this forum. How can a product have this many occurrences of a disgusting, unsanitary issue like this and nothing is done about it? It's absolutely unacceptable. My washer is less than three years old and is maintained as it should be with a cleaning cycle run about twice a month. Now, brown gunk is all over everything, including the clothes of my three young children and everything else we put in there. I have run the cleaning cycle SIX times in the last 24 hours with no change in the result, even adding a small amount of bleach as was recommended. SAMSUNG needs to do something about this. 

userdS4er0u4VB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem on my washer. Cleaned with both commercial washer cleaner, and followed solution given here to run the self-clean with bleach. 

I still have brown spots on my clothes. Model WA48H7400AW/A2.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userdS4er0u4VB Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

userdQJT7WPdg7
Constellation

: Brown residue gunk DISGUSTING :Samsung top load washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has been going on since the first year I got the top load in 2014.  The photos don’t show what has happened to my clothes but u can see the stuff in there and it covers everything without prejudice! 

The recall did nothing cuz I can’t get it to give appt for repair and for free cuz I should NOT have to pay anything. And class action just the same! U need to have the repair in order to proceed with the latter.  Worst thing I did was give up my whirlpool regular old machine! Now what do I have . A load of junk!     Attn:: 

**++Don’t mark your posts as solved if all they do is ask u to private message them. That’s  not a solution. They  don’t do anything. They  ask for photos and  it’s just the run around. 

A6F9331E-BC20-455A-B626-D6808EAE4332.jpegZoom in see all residue

1C6ED173-5410-42F0-934A-96F9DB10B799.jpegBrown

BA8615D0-0C76-46AD-A767-1D84D4F02045.jpegBrown moldy stuff comes out of holes

94E47B46-65D2-4A99-A806-6B450AA91F6C.jpegGross

39414F71-69E0-46E8-9D0C-1B6BC1DBE683.jpeg

134A9AD6-454A-4AC1-B10A-654BEB1BF0EF.jpeg

BE3FC651-9B9A-4ABA-9CD3-3E2DBFCBAE14.jpeg

8A0FB6E0-ADE0-4AA7-B7A9-5B27C065F4CD.jpeg

E9FA3A5A-E852-4217-8FCA-1FF7FD5D6BCA.jpegThis is what I have on clothes after washing.

CF3434B8-741E-4308-A6E7-DE36AC2E5944.jpegMore

9ADFDD88-439B-478A-ACF4-81B3E3E3A1C2.jpegAlso rusting.

CCE0296C-367F-4376-9628-8512BB52AFC4.jpegMold on inner drum

9F8AD21F-DB54-4B3B-9D39-4067C8116CE5.jpegMold2

84513A8D-62A2-4F36-8B21-D3671C79DCF3.jpegMold 3

650C4121-82CD-43EE-A187-CA40BC7DF78D.jpeg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: : Brown residue gunk DISGUSTING :Samsung top load washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I certainly apologize for the frustrations and inconveniences caused. I suggest calling our recall department directly so that you can get this set up and get an extended one-year warranty. The phone number is 1-866-264-5636. You will need to give them your full model and serial number of the washer, and once that is complete and you are still experiencing this residue issue, please reach back out to us and we can look into what we can do for you Smiley Happy

userDPo3NEgSJo
Cosmic Ray

Re: : Brown residue gunk DISGUSTING :Samsung top load washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Subcontracted techs came to fix my washer two weeks ago.  Took it apart.  It was disgustingly foul what they found underneath.  Could not clean or fix and decided they had to replace the entire drum and interior of washer.  Basically, only the original shell and motherboard will remain.  So they had to order parts and sent a tech last Saturday to replace.  I spent my entire Saturdat waiting.  He arrived.  Didn't have proper tools to take apart.  Had to reschedule for today so I had to take a full day off from work. Apparently, he entered wrong date (8/29 instead of 8/28).  So here I am, not at work, and my washer is not getting fixed.  Had to reschedule again for Saturday.

Will let you know how it goes.  I suspect it will be fine for a number of months and then the same thing will happen again since it is an engineering problem.  

There should really be a recall at this point or  class action suit.  Any takers?

userYJOyrShkcY
Asteroid

Brown residue internal build up in samsung top loader

JUMP TO SOLUTION

samsung Technician came out today and took machine apart as residue and gunt reuining clothes in the wash these are pics of the inside

called samsung they would not own the probklem or offer any compensation for new machine 

problem will come back its residue and gunk internal to the machine

poor deisgn

samsung should recall and make customers happyIMG_5537.jpgIMG_5538.jpgIMG_5540.jpgIMG_5542.jpgIMG_5543.jpgIMG_5545.jpgIMG_5546.jpgIMG_5547.jpgIMG_5548.jpgIMG_5549.jpg

Highlighted
userDPo3NEgSJo
Cosmic Ray

Re: Brown residue internal build up in samsung top loader

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Subcontracted techs came to fix my washer two weeks ago.  Took it apart.  It was disgustingly foul what they found underneath.  Could not clean or fix and decided they had to replace the entire drum and interior of washer.  Basically, only the original shell and motherboard will remain.  So they had to order parts and sent a tech last Saturday to replace.  I spent my entire Saturdat waiting.  He arrived.  Didn't have proper tools to take apart.  Had to reschedule for today so I had to take a full day off from work. Apparently, he entered wrong date (8/29 instead of 8/28).  So here I am, not at work, and my washer is not getting fixed.  Had to reschedule again for Saturday.

Will let you know how it goes.  I suspect it will be fine for a number of months and then the same thing will happen again since it is an engineering problem.  

There should really be a recall at this point or  class action suit.  Any takers?

userh4vILMpS9F
Astronaut

Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My washer is leaving a brown residue on all my clothes! I will never buy a Samsung again. We’ve had the washer for maybe 2 years. We have tried several remedies we found online and nothing is working. My husband had tried taking the bottom of washer off but the bolt doesn’t come lose. I now have to go to the laundry mat to wash my clothes. Spending more money to wash my clothes. Very disgusted right now! If anyone has something that worked please please respond back! Thank you!