Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Washer Mold

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey! Thanks for reaching out, can I get you to send me a private message with the following information?

Full Name

Street Address

Email Address

Phone Number

Place of Purchase

Model Number

Serial Number

Pictures of the Symptoms 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there a fix for this?  I cannot believe that I've had this washer for a little less than 2 years and I'm getting flakes.  I am horrified to learn what this is.  I have children and I need a solve ASAP!  This just isn't right!!  Please let me know what can be done to remedy this!  Also I'm not handy, so don't tell me to take it apart lolol

Highlighted
Astronaut

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING moldy, mildew, sludge in my Samsung washing machine.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't had my washer that long and I am appalled at the amount of sludge and gunk and flakes and overall dirt in my washing machine. I will NEVER EVER again make the mistake of buying samsung appliances. From everything I have read it doesn't sound like it is worth my time to even attempt to contact customer service because it appears (from reading other peoples comments) that the customer service is non existent. You shouldn't EVER have to take your washer apart at all to clean this disgusting build up of sludge and gunk out of it. This is very disappointing to have this problem. Maybe samsung should stick to electronics and get out of the home appliance business. This is not an acceptable problem at all. I hope you figure it out. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING moldy, mildew, sludge in my Samsung washing machine.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send us a private message with your full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

With my front loader, I found if I leave the door open just a tad so it can "breath" it doesnt build up mold and smudge. Before I figured this out, I'd take white vinegar and a tad of dish soap and would give my seal and door a good cleaning to remove it.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In my experience a lot of washers have this problem. ESP frontloaders. I use and recommend Lysol laundry sanitizer. It is amazing at keeping mold away. I use it every cycle and recommend it to my customers good luck !  
not associated with Samsung just a helpful repair man. 

https://www.appliancerepairfortsmith.com/fortsmith

Highlighted
Constellation

Moldy Washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

From reading all the posts here from people who have or are experiencing an issue with mold, one would think Samsung came to the rescue and solved the problem by simply suggesting one use the self clean with bleach.  I'm here to tell you that it's NOT the user's lack of keeping their machine cleaned properly.   The problem has NOT been solved.  This is MOLD, a substance that makes many people sick, my self included.  There are regulations mandated about black mold - what about the mold this machine harbors and releases into my wash??

Samsug has, without any indication of acceptance of fault , agreed to pay us $200 towards purchase of another one of their machines and delivery.  This set is only 3 years old!  What's to prevent this from happening again?  Has Samsung even taken these (and there are a LOT) complaints of mold seriously?  Come on, folks, what does it take, someone to become seriously ill before Samsung is forced to do something about the design?

My husband and I are retired, we don't have a huge amount of money laying around to dole out on  new washer every 3 years. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Moldy Washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send us a private message with your full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Moldy Washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey sorry your washer is moldy I see this a lot doing repairs. 
even my own washer has been moldy 

I started using Lysol laundry sanitizer a few months ago and it's awesome! I recommend it to everyone i haven't seen any mold no odor and even my towels smell great again. I don't get any profit from this recommendation hope it helps! 

https://www.appliancerepairfortsmith.com/fortsmith

Highlighted
Asteroid

Brown Residue/Sludge in bottom of washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If anyone would like to start a class action law suit to address the disgusting brown sludge in the bottom of your washer, please let me know at <hidden>. There are soooo many ppl on here with the same problem and the same frustration that samsung does nothing. I'm no expert in law suits but I do know there is power in numbers. It's a design flaw. Period. We should be compensated. Who's with me?