cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

userlswB8jpriE
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The gunk in my washer looked exactly like this and got ridiculously bad! I’m not at all an expert on appliances or trouble shooting however I found a solution for this disgusting issue with my washing machine. I tried LOTS of things with no success. The following worked for me: I ran a self clean cycle with bleach (although I’m not sure this actually impacted the overall result because I had done it many times before). I then poured 6 liters of Coca-Cola into the washer (trying to make sure it hit all areas of the basin as I poured it in) and let it sit for 24 hours. I then ran a regular cycle. After this the next load of clothes I ran had larger lighter colored flakes. After that load I saw little to no more gross brown stuff on my clothes! I know this sounds like a weird solution but it’s relatively cheap and easy to try. It worked for me, I really hope it works for you! 

userjKbOV8YZ8e
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the list. 

Must have run the pure cycle 100 times.

Might try the coke-a-cola strategy mentioned here. 

The fact that using the pure cycle is being put forward as a solution is incredibad. 

Hope everyone enjoys their crud flakes...

userdUMzfp88RA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HELP!?  I am trying to clean my washer - WA45H7000AW/A2.  i have run a ton of self clean cycles with vinegar and it keeps coming never ending.... I see a ton of posts about this.  Can you help with this? I don't want to wash my clothes in dirt or mold or whatever this is....

userlswB8jpriE
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m not at all an expert on appliances or trouble shooting however I found a solution for the disgusting issue with my washing machine. I tried LOTS of things with no success. The following worked for me: I ran a self clean cycle with bleach (although I’m not sure this actually impacted the overall result because I had done it many times before). I then poured 6 liters of Coca-Cola into the washer (trying to make sure it hit all areas of the basin as I poured it in) and let it sit for 24 hours. I then ran a regular cycle. After this the next load of clothes I ran had larger lighter colored flakes. After that load I saw little to no more gross brown stuff on my clothes! I know this sounds like a weird solution but it’s relatively cheap and easy to try. It worked for me, I really hope it works for you! 

userXhP1YbAXIY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All of the brown stuff is coming from under the cover inside the machine, assuming your machine does not have an agitator. I removed the cover and cleaned it all out. After about a month it started to come back.

userXhP1YbAXIY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Washer WA422PRHDWR/AA and it has the exact same problem. I have been cleaning this thing consitently since we bought it and it is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. I took out the cover inside the washer and underneath was this nasty looking stuff everywhere. I cleaned it all out until and ran the washer until it was not leaving any mess. Less than a month goes by and I am getting this brown stuff in my wash cycle. I take the agitator back out and the brown stuff is caking up underneath again. I bought all Samsung appliances and they all are garbage. The refrigerator has dripped water from the water dispenser since it was new. The oven pre-heat for my electric range doesnt work correctly anymore, the temp shows it reaches the pre-heat temp really fast and it is off by over 100 degrees. The dryer makes a lot of noise. I guess the only thing I haven't had an issue with is the over range microwave. I am sure this is out of warranty, but appliances should last more than five years. This has been going on for a long time too.

userXqfPHoFscz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this exact problem as well! My Samsung dryer already broke once after  two years, and the washer hasn’t been right for over a year. The brown residue is DISGUSTING and knowing now that it’s mold is SUPER concerning. What is Samsung doing about this issue???  I have used the self clean cycle at least once a week since I’ve had the machine and no matter how much I run it now the brown residue is there. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userXqfPHoFscz, to look into this concern, please send us a private message to the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userRKAyJ26dub
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue, I have cleaned the washer multiple times on the pure cycle, but it just keeps getting worse. This is due to the plate at the bottom of the drum being 2 parts, with the build up being between the parts.