cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get back to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userPlsM0BiWlg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
We are having the same problem with our machine..every other time we wash there is a brown residue on clothing and flakes in the bottom of the tub. This continues even after running the cleaning cycle. Probably the worst machine we have ever owned and and would give it away but wouldn't want to give someone else samsung's problem child.
userPlsM0BiWlg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought our top loading washingmachine WA48J7770A about 3 years ago.  I have had problems with brown flakes remaining in the tub after loads are finished and sometimes embedding my clothing.  I have wiped down the tub and detergent receptacles, ran the sanitizing cycle, ran the Pure cycle, changed the lint trap and there's still chunks of flakes. I can't imagine what the "fix" would be for this issue but we cannot keep using this machine.  Seems for all the posts I am not alone with this issue...reading them, them go back over 5 years with no resolution.  What that means is Samsung has your money and does not care about their customers.. 

user5z6xFlX8vA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! I have the same model and I’m getting the brown spots recently too! My model of Samsung washer is WA48J7700AW/A2. I bought it about 3 years ago from Home Depot. I noticed the brown flaky soft residue a few months ago but I wiped it up and it was ok for awhile until recently I was washing whites and noticed the brown soft flakes on some of my white clothing at the bottom of the drum after the wash cycle was finished. It stained some of my white clothing and sheets. I wiped it up again and decided to run the self clean cycle with hot water... and found a lot more flakes on the bottom of drum . Ran it another time with baking soda and found less flakes. So, I’m now running it again with vinegar and baking soda.  Hopefully it will be gone.  Samsung ... you guys have a solution for this???  Seems like this is a ongoing prob with this type of washer and from all reviewers on this forum,  it seems it’s from about 2-3 years old Samsung toploading washers. Similar model types. What is this stuff? Dead skin? Mildew?  Please respond at your earliest convenience! 

userbzFuokwqt0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add us as well, same issue. Machine is WA48H7400AW/A2 and it’s about 2 1/2 years old. Tried self cleaning a number of time in a row while wiping away the drum and debris and it’s not much better. We have also had a bunch of issues with the dryer purchased at the same time. Idler pulley went out about a year after we bought it and the heating element stopped working about 6 months ago. I’m waiting for a drum roller to fail next and keep a bunch of spare parts at the house ready for the next repair. These machines are junk. 

userdGzohlRAEg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ditto. Not happy with Samsung Washer and warranty just ran out. Is there a solution or do I have to buy a new one? I’m in for a class action law suit if there is one starting. 

user6NYAJDARio
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Having the same issue. This washer is less than a year old. I run the clean cycle every two weeks. It’s been happening for a while. I thought it was just me but thought I’d see if anyone else is having issues. This is my second Samsung washer and my last! I had another one in Florida with the same issue but thought it was because of the humidity.
When I called, customer service said they didn’t have any record of my model having issues. Obviously they are feeding me a line of BS!
userjGsvH7aET4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have your same machine.  I had brown snotty like stuff on a bathrobe. I spot cleaned the bathrobe and  washed it again only to find out  the debris was from is the washer not the bathrobe.   I ran the self clean, then did a heavy duty hot load a several times alternating with 1. “affresh” tablets then 2. 1/2 cup soda with 2 cups of white vinegar and then with 3. chlorine in the “liquid bleach only dispenser.  It seems to have fixed the problem.  Actually I think the problem occurs at the top of the washers drum.  I wiped the drum and had no debris on my clothes till I wiped the  underside of the rim that turns with the drum.  This would only effect the very full loads of laundry which is why the first time I encountered the problem was when I was washing a very large load.

uservCsiXRS0aH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same problem! I sent A LOT of money on this washer and dryer combonation! I have to wipe out the bottom of my washer every time I use the self clean option. That is so GROSS. I will NEVER buy a Samsung and will not recommend any to purcahse a Samsung product. VERY UNHAPPY. Please help!!!!

uservCsiXRS0aH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same issue! I am very disappointed with my top loader Samsung washer. Every time I run the self clean option, I have to wipe out the bottom of my washer becuase of the nasty brown mildew residue. I will NEVER buy another Samsung product and will be telling friends and family to not purchase any Samsung products.