cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userDPo3NEgSJo
Cosmic Ray

Re: Brown mold/Mildew in the washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have been reading the numerous posts about this issue.

After many months of frustration and damaged clothing, it is time I chimed in.

My washer (WA48H7400AW) is about 2.5 yers old.  I had brand new plumbing insalled for my washer at the same time. I have been using high efficiency detergent since day one.  I have always tried the clean cycle on numerous occassions.

However, nothing is getting rid of the disgusting brown flakes of dirt(!)/mold(!!)...whatever it is.  I wipe the bottom cean after every wash, wash a new load, and it always comes back.  This has been an ongoing problem for 6 months now.  Is it a draining problem?  I can hear water sloshing around under the tub if I shake it.  Not good, right?

Along with my recently non-working Samsung refrigerator, I am ready to swear off all Samsung appliances.  Note that I have 3 Samsung flat screen TVs and my husband has been a happy Samsung cell phone user for years.  

Please fix this.  Please help.  We are a family of five and this problem is a PROBLEM.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Brown mold/Mildew in the washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message so that we can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userJU4rQWXG3Z
Asteroid

Samsung Washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Resolved. Thanks to Samsung courteous employes

userfL9NTv6twi
Constellation

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had to join this forum because my 2 year old Samsung washer has been  doing the same thing described by all of you. I didn't know what was happening at first too. Thought it was lint and then just my kids dirty clothes. It's been going on for at least 6 months to a year. I finally had time to research and found out its not just me. My husband got Samsung to send out a Samsung Tech to clean and repair this situation free of charge, even though they first stated that they had never heard of this problem before. Also, one of their phone technitions suggested putting it through the heavy load cycle first with bleach and vinegar! Do NOT put bleach and vinegar together because it creates toxic chlorine gas!!! We had already run the self clean cycle 7 times with either bleach or vinegar or nothing. Still had the same problem. Anyway, you were right and once this problem exists there is nothing short of taking apart the washer and cleaning the internal componants that will solve it. They claim if we run self clean every 30 washes after this it won't happen again. We shall see. See attached photos of disassembled washer.washer 4.JPEGwasher 5.JPEGwasher 1.jpgwasher 2.jpgwasher 3.jpg

userJU4rQWXG3Z
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Resolved. Thanks to Samsung courteous employes

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are experiencing this, please send me your full model code and serial number via private message.

userDPo3NEgSJo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungLarry...is the company doing anything about this prevalent problem other than gathering info via private messages?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We gather information privately in order to look into possible options for users. If you would like for us to look into possible options for you as well, please follow the link to send a private message with the model code and serial number of the unit. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userfL9NTv6twi
Constellation

Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having the same proble too! For at least 6 month but probably longer. I also thought at first that maybe it was lint, kids dirty clothes or something. When it continued to happen i finally found some time and found this forum and was shocked to see it wasn't just me and is a pervasive problem. My husband got Samsung to send out a Samsung Technition to service and repair this issue free. This was of course after saying they had never heard of this issue. You must be persistant. Their phone operator tried to tell us to put bleach and vinegar through the heavy load cycle to clean it. DO NOT! put vinegar and bleach together, this creates toxic chlorine gas. They claim if we run the self clean cycle every 30 washes after this it won't happen again. We ran the self clean cycle and various others per their request 7 times prior to the service call. I also ran cleaning mode throughout first 2 years of ownership. Washer is 2 years old. We shall see...  see attached photos of disassembled washer. washer 1.jpgwasher 2.jpgwasher 3.jpgwasher 4.JPEGwasher 5.JPEG

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,  Could you send a private message so that we can get some additional information about that call?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97