cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get back to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung_gRrbKT8
Astronaut

Bleach kills mold

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bleach kills mold

userO0z1PpenTl
Constellation

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We bought this washer in 2016. It’s only 3 years old and just started noticing is shooting out brown gunk all over each wash cycle. I’ve tried doing all the cleaning suggestions by Samsung but it’s coming from something internal. It must not be draining properly and is a design issue that will just keep reacurring. I also just found out it’s part of the recall where the tops explode off.  They are sending us a rebate but it doesn’t nearly cover the cost of a new washing machine.   I didn’t anticipate buying a new washer 3 years in. I will NEVER buy another Samsung appliance!!!!!!

userhGuUTczGUp
Constellation

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem. 3 year old washer, mold on all of our clothes. They keep pushing us to bring out a repair person for $100. It was so terrible and we aren't sure what to do next. 

I cleaned the mold off the agitator but it is still in between the metal and plastic pieces. In the third picture, I can't clean out under the drum. Even once I cleaned it, we are still getting mold on our kids clothes. Plus if this happened only after a couple of years, why won't it happen again?

20190825_180835.jpg

20190825_180838.jpg

After we cleaned, can't clean under the drum

20190825_184713.jpg

Also, it is getting super rusty20190909_201014.jpg

@@
user5UVsffocRL
Constellation

New new

user5UVsffocRL
Constellation

Picture 2 that comes from what you wash with, We had that...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Picture 2 that comes from what you wash with, We had that brownish sticky stuff. We got ours from HomeDepo so we went back and got this washer cleaner ran with hot a few times full load. So now we use vinegar and sea salt yes washing with vinegar is better on the clothes check it out on google and youtube

user2LjtPowIFV
Constellation

Brown flakes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a WA45M7050AW/A4 I’m having issues with the brown flakes which seems to be pretty common unfortunately. This washer is only two years old. I’ve done all of the tips and tricks, countless self clean cycles and I’m at a breaking point. Who has successfully got rid of it without getting a new washer. Is that even possible? 

User15084321
Asteroid

Re: Brown flakes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user2LjtPowIFV wrote:

........ Who has successfully got rid of it without getting a new washer. Is that even possible? 

In answer to your question, I seem to have been able to get rid of the brown flakes in my 3+ years old, since I have not seen any flakes for the last 1 month.                   

I had already posted the following about 3 weeks back. However, I thought that I will post it again since it is not easy to find the old posts.                          

Have been finally able to get our washing machine of all the mold and deposits so that the clothes are coming out clean again (without any brown particles on them). Am jotting down our experience with the removal of the mold from our Samsung top-loading high efficiency washer in the hope that others may find it helpful.      

We had tried using “washing cycle with vinegar” as well as the Samsung Self-clean cycles a few times without being able to get rid of the brown residue on the clothes. As I mentioned in my earlier post, Samsung did arrange for a service technician to check our washer. The technician did find that that there was mold underneath the washing machine wash-plate. However, somewhat surprisingly, the technician was ready to reassemble everything without doing any cleaning of the wash-plate, only repeating that we should just run the Samsung Self-Clean cycle (even after I told him that we had done that a few times without success. Fortunately, he did let my wife and me spend about 15 minutes cleaning the worst of the mold and the deposits off the wash-plate ourselves before putting it back in.        

Our first priority was to make sure that we get rid of the remaining mold. We used a cleaning cycle with Chlorine bleach, followed by a self-clean cycle. Then, we read that Chlorine is not good at penetrating porous surfaces, and may leave mold roots there. So, we used a cleaning cycle with Hydrogen Peroxide, followed by a self-clean cycle.

Our final step was to run a washing cycle with a commercial product Ecoegg Detox tablet, which is claimed to do a good job of eliminating any residues (we chose this product because it does not use any harsh chemicals and also does not leave behind any odor). Followed it again with a self-clean cycle.        

These may have been more steps than were really needed. But, at least, we are now getting clean clothes from our washer.