cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Resolved. Thanks to Samsung courteous employes

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are experiencing this, please send me your full model code and serial number via private message.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungLarry...is the company doing anything about this prevalent problem other than gathering info via private messages?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We gather information privately in order to look into possible options for users. If you would like for us to look into possible options for you as well, please follow the link to send a private message with the model code and serial number of the unit. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having the same proble too! For at least 6 month but probably longer. I also thought at first that maybe it was lint, kids dirty clothes or something. When it continued to happen i finally found some time and found this forum and was shocked to see it wasn't just me and is a pervasive problem. My husband got Samsung to send out a Samsung Technition to service and repair this issue free. This was of course after saying they had never heard of this issue. You must be persistant. Their phone operator tried to tell us to put bleach and vinegar through the heavy load cycle to clean it. DO NOT! put vinegar and bleach together, this creates toxic chlorine gas. They claim if we run the self clean cycle every 30 washes after this it won't happen again. We ran the self clean cycle and various others per their request 7 times prior to the service call. I also ran cleaning mode throughout first 2 years of ownership. Washer is 2 years old. We shall see...  see attached photos of disassembled washer. washer 1.jpgwasher 2.jpgwasher 3.jpgwasher 4.JPEGwasher 5.JPEG

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,  Could you send a private message so that we can get some additional information about that call?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get back to us as soon as you can.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bleach kills mold

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We bought this washer in 2016. It’s only 3 years old and just started noticing is shooting out brown gunk all over each wash cycle. I’ve tried doing all the cleaning suggestions by Samsung but it’s coming from something internal. It must not be draining properly and is a design issue that will just keep reacurring. I also just found out it’s part of the recall where the tops explode off.  They are sending us a rebate but it doesn’t nearly cover the cost of a new washing machine.   I didn’t anticipate buying a new washer 3 years in. I will NEVER buy another Samsung appliance!!!!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem. 3 year old washer, mold on all of our clothes. They keep pushing us to bring out a repair person for $100. It was so terrible and we aren't sure what to do next. 

I cleaned the mold off the agitator but it is still in between the metal and plastic pieces. In the third picture, I can't clean out under the drum. Even once I cleaned it, we are still getting mold on our kids clothes. Plus if this happened only after a couple of years, why won't it happen again?

20190825_180835.jpg

20190825_180838.jpg

After we cleaned, can't clean under the drum

20190825_184713.jpg

Also, it is getting super rusty20190909_201014.jpg

@@