cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. I'm glad it's not just me. I have run no less than 10 cycles- PureCycle, regular wash cycles, cycles with white vinegar. Nothing works. There are black bits after every cycle. Hoping Samsung can please contact me to help me resolve. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userYMo8NjzGGm Hey there! I would be delighted to assist you! Can you send me a private message with the full model and serial number as well as some photos of the residue?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are having the same problem with our 3-4 year old washer! It started several months ago, but seemed to come and go, and we were never sure what it was. Now it won't go away!!  I've run the "self clean" cycle and wiped brown flaky residue out of the drum 20+ times. Used bleach, no bleach, vinegar, all same results. We were excited to buy brand new machines thinking they would last us a really long time like out 10-15 year whirlpool we were replacing, but unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case. Please help and tell me there's a solution for this!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usergLkFuRMSND I would like to look into this for you! Can you send me a private message with the full model and serial number as well as some photos of the residue?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had a samsung washer (model: WA40J3000AW/AA) for a little less than 24 months. 

It is now getting the same gross brown residue others have reported.  It has already stained and ruined 2 loads of laundry. 

We run the self clean monthly and have run it several times to address this issue but it is the same.  It clearly defective and it's affecting other owners too.

We really can't afford to eat the cost of this relatively new and expensive washer and replace it.

It is causing a lot of stress in the the house and expense with weekly trips to the laundromat.

Please help.

Resized_20200306_150822.jpgResized_20200306_163016.jpgRuined baby blanketRuined baby blanketResized_20200306_150818.jpgResized_20200306_163006.jpgResized_20200306_163009(1).jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send me a private message with your full model code and serial number so that I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OMG!!!! I thought I was alone on this issue until looking at all these reviews. I've been observing these brown residues for more than a year but I kept doing the self cleaning assuming that it will solve the problem.

My washer (model WA48J7700AW/A2) is almost 5 years old and I bought it on Sears. It's scary to think that after all these complaints, there is not a clear path forward other than "do the self cleaning". I owned couple of Samsung TVs, the washer, dryer, etc. and I never had a major complaint. But this issue has been hanging around for too long.

Have the problem been solved? And I'm not talking about the "self cleaning" because that hasn't worked for most of the users (nor for me) out here. Is Samsung taking owenership of this disturbing issue?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, can you send me a private message with your full serial number and pictures of your symptoms? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got off the phone with recall center, that has nothing to do with the MOLDY Agitator, they were willing to give us a whole $36 dollars for the recall for the brackets!  Unbelievable, can they just not send a new agitator?  I took the agitator out and cleaned underneath thinking that would solve the problem, it did not.  So the agitator is pressed metal ontop of plastic, the space inbetween is where the problem lies.  I pryed mine open and the smell about made me pass out, knowing i've been washing my kids cloths with this machine makes me sick! Zero responsibility, Zero Help. IMG_0148.JPGIMG_0149.JPGIMG_0150.JPG

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, I have the same issue. I took apart the entire machine and deep cleaned everything. The issue now is the agitator. Do you happen to know if there is an entire plastic or metal replacement we can buy? Just so the mold isn't  sandwiched between there again.