Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Terrible mold issue with washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for your concerns! Please send a private message with the serial number of the washer and any pictures you may have so I can look into this further for you. http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Terrible mold issue with washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did send you my info a few days ago, but have not heard back as of yet. Attached are pictures of a comforter we washed today. You can see the brown gunk all ober it in the photos. Please let me know how this can be resolved.our comforter with brown gunkour comforter with brown gunkour comforter with brown gunkour comforter with brown gunkour comforter with brown gunkour comforter with brown gunkour comforter with brown gunkour comforter with brown gunk

Highlighted
Constellation

Brown residue in bottom of washer machine

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apparently, I am not the only person with this issue, after every wash there is brown residue on my clothes and in the bottom of the washer. I called the warranty company and they sent someone out only to say it is a "cosmetic issue" and I am confused as to how it is cosmetic if it ruining my clothes and I have a washer I paid for and now can't use because it does not do what it was made to do which is clean clothes?!?

It's super frustrating and I have not found a solution yet that works...

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Brown residue in bottom of washer machine

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no!  Could you provide an image of the residue?  

Have you tried the following:

To keep your washer tub clean, use the SELF CLEAN cycle at least once a month or every 20 cycles. Perform the recommended procedures below when using the SELF CLEAN cycle.

On 2011–2013 models, the SELF CLEAN cycle is labeled “Pure Cycle.” Remove all items from the washer tub and ensure the tub is empty. Laundry left in the tub during the SELF CLEAN cycle may be damaged.

Press Power to turn on the washer. Turn the Cycle Selector to SELF CLEAN (or select Pure Cycle). Press and hold Start/Pause (Hold to Start).

After the SELF CLEAN cycle, leave the lid open to dry. The water temperature for SELF CLEAN is set to Hot and cannot be changed.

When noticeable residue is present in the washer tub, add 1 cup (8 fl.oz or 240ml) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment before you start the SELF CLEAN cycle. Do not use or mix any other detergent or chemicals during the SELF CLEAN cycle.

If necessary, run a RINSE+SPIN cycle after the SELF CLEAN cycle has completed to help remove any residual residue. Please be aware that certain usage and environmental conditions may result in residue build-up or odor in the washer tub.

Caution: Check the washer tub before using the SELF CLEAN cycle. Remove any water remaining in the tub by running the SPIN ONLY cycle before starting the SELF CLEAN cycle.

If there is chlorine bleach left in the washer tub for an extended period of time, rust can occur. If you have additional questions you can go here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I have tried all those solutions and nothing has worked. A technician came and removed the bottom pan and it full of brown residue and corroded mold and dirt I assume, but he would not touch it saying "he couldn't fix it, it wasn't a part of his duties" so I'm stuck with a washer that does not clean my clothes but makes them dirty .

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you send us a private message with your full model and serial number and pictures of your symptoms? 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Brown sludge/mold smell

JUMP TO SOLUTION

7E2FFEE6-A872-48B1-8B04-4506DB5BB3AB.jpeg1934F574-0582-4916-AF5C-759BAEFC1945.jpeg3A658950-E0BE-4BBE-A887-3C7BE846DEC3.jpeg75B471AF-2232-46F3-B307-E6D130054101.jpegE5840F94-B901-4A93-B013-91A80DD023CF.jpegShame on you Samsung! This washer replaced our recalled exploding washer 3 years ago. (Which of course was "prorated" costing us hundreds more dollars) Now we suffer with the never ending brown sludge disgusting smelling laundry. The self clean cycle is a joke. We tried ALL the useless steps in the help. We've tried market washer cleaners. The ONLY thing that works temporarily.... taking the entire thing apart and pressure washing! And hand cleaning inside barrel with brush, bleach and wet dry vac. But that only last several months and you are right back there. So humiliating when a family members says, gosh, something smells moldy... and you know it's YOUR CLEAN CLOTHES!! Really sick over it. Will never own a Samsung appliance product again.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Brown sludge/mold smell

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How often do you have to do this?! Yikes! We never had this issue but from prior experience with another brand, we leave both the detergent drawer and the door ajar when we are done our loads to let it completely air dry. Never had another issue.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Brown spots on clothing!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung washer, model WF45N5300AW/US is leaving brown splatter spots all over my laundry!  The spots seem to be grease-based, or something else impossible to remove from clothing, because everything that goes in comes out ruined.  I regularly clean it and run self clean cycles as Samsung recommends, which make no difference.  

The washer is just shy of 2 years old!  This same thing actually happened to me with a previous Samsung washer also only a few years old and this current one was the replacement.  Shame on me for trusting Samsung again, and now it's out of warranty and I'm stuck with (another) $800 piece of garbage. A6F3EFD9-6CA9-4244-A3B8-E35AB2A7D169.jpeg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Brown spots on clothing!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
  • Never run a Self Clean cycle with laundry in the tub, as this can damage the washer and the contents of the tub.
  • After putting liquid chlorine bleach in your washer, start the Self-Clean process immediately. Do not leave liquid chlorine bleach in your washer.
  1. Run the Self Clean cycle.

1. Make sure there is not any laundry in the tub, and remove any remaining water in the tub by running a Spin-only cycle.
    2. Pour liquid chlorine bleach into the detergent compartment and fill it to the max line. (Do not use the bleach compartment.)
    3. Close the lid or door and press the Power button.
    4. Select Self CleanSelf Clean+, or Pure Cycle.
    5. Press the Start/Pause button to start. Self Clean time varies from model to model, but is approximately 1 hour for top load washers and 4 hours for front load washers.
    6. When Self Clean completes, wipe clean any residue in the tub using paper towels.
    7. Run a Rinse+Spin cycle to remove any remaining residue.
    8. Repeat 2 - 7 until there is no more visible mold residue.
    9. Leave the lid or door open to let the washing machine dry.

If this does not help please send me a private message with your full model and serial number?