Original topic:

Samsung Washer Error Code 9C8

(Topic created: 12-24-2022 05:39 PM)
SarahBeeBo
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi - 

During the spin cycle, our Samsung washer threw error code 9C8, or it could be 9CB.   It's only 6 months old.  Model # WA55A7700AV.

I spoke with someone from Samsung who said it's a software update issue, but all updates have been done.  Turning the unit off and on, unplugging and plugging it back in didn't work.  There's not much online about this code.  One search turned up a possible voltage issue, but that doesn't make sense.  Power source hasn't changed.  Just for fun we tried another outlet and it still throws the code.  Unit doesn't respond at all to pressing other buttons.

We have a tech coming out, but the first available appointment is a week from today.  ðŸ˜ž

Anyone else have this code and know what the problem could be?

TIA for any insight.

Sarah 

25 Replies
Chadillac_
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
I have the same code. Samsung support did not know what the error meant. Happened mid cycle and can't be cleared. Have a technician scheduled for 12/27.
SarahBeeBo
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Our tech is coming out on the 30th.  If you happen to remember to check back in here, would love to hear what they ended up doing to fix. 

Kourtnaaaay
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
Currently dealing with this as well. On the line with support right now. Were either of you able to get this issue resolved yet?
Kreeder2234
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Currently dealing with the same issue. It seems like we all had this happen all on the same day 

Kreeder2234
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Found a solution to the problem! 
Need to do a network reset on the washer. The new update caused problems with us all. Working again 

Chadillac_
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
Can you describe the steps you took? I can't get the network reset to work.
SarahBeeBo
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Oh wow, how did you fix it?  Really don't want to go to the laundromat again.  ðŸ™ƒ

KevinW1983
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

How did you do that?

0 Likes
Kourtnaaaay
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
Good morning! I read the comments above, and kicked the washer off of my home wifi network.. I can't get past the error code to add it back. Back to square one.
0 Likes