Original topic:

Samsung Washer Error Code 9C8

(Topic created: 12-26-2022 09:43 PM)
SarahBeeBo
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi - 

During the spin cycle, our Samsung washer threw error code 9C8, or it could be 9CB.   It's only 6 months old.  Model # WA55A7700AV.

I spoke with someone from Samsung who said it's a software update issue, but all updates have been done.  Turning the unit off and on, unplugging and plugging it back in didn't work.  There's not much online about this code.  One search turned up a possible voltage issue, but that doesn't make sense.  Power source hasn't changed.  Just for fun we tried another outlet and it still throws the code.  Unit doesn't respond at all to pressing other buttons.

We have a tech coming out, but the first available appointment is a week from today.  ðŸ˜ž

Anyone else have this code and know what the problem could be?

TIA for any insight.

Sarah 

25 Replies
wellsh
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
I hit temp rinse spin rinse then held soil. I got -: to pop up but nothing worked after that. When I turn it off it just goes to the same thing.
Dos1293
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Ok I figured it out! 
turn washer on

press temp then rinse then spin then rinse

slowly turn the knob through the channels, pressing and holding the start button until it zeros out. 

at 006 you will see the 9c8 code. Press and hold the start button to clear the error code. 

then hold the Smart Control button for 3 seconds and then the temp button for 7 seconds. 

I then turned the machine off and back on and voila no 9c8 and am washing clothes again. 

I did remove the washer from the smart things app first but I don’t know if that had anything to do with it

Kourtnaaaay
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
This worked!! Thank you so much!!
wellsh
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
This did not work for me. It wouldn't do anything after I hit temp rinse spin rinse. How did you all get it to work?
SarahBeeBo
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Need to press these keys in this order to get into the error codes...

Temp, Spin, Rinse, Spin 

Then press the temp and rinse buttons to get the numbers to change from 01-98 (or use the dial) and press them through, one by one, hitting the start button each time to clear them.  Once you're done, do the network reset by pressing and holding Smart Control for 3 seconds, then temp for 7 seconds.  The unit should shut down and then when you re-start, you should be good. 

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hey, Everyone! Although the reset does take away the error code, it does not address the reason for the error 9C8/7/6.  You may need an update on your washer. Please try the following troubleshooting steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00091762/ 

If you continue to have this error afterward, or cannot update,  please call 1-800-726-7864 to speak with an agent directly to insure that the unit doesn't require service.

When calling, make sure to have the full model code and the serial number of the device, as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email available to provide to the agent. 

0 Likes