cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userXxOSBBWLkh
Constellation

Samsung Washer NASTY brown residue even after several self clean cycles

About 4 years ago I bought a Samsung washer and dryer set from Home Depot. Major issues is the Nasty brown residue in my Samsung washer model WA48J7700AW/A2 even after multiple (over 12) self clean cycles.  I have tried: bleach, viniger, baking soda, scrubed every inch I can reach. Nothing seems to work.  I finally took off the pulsator and saw the problem. Tons of nasty residue/mold under the pulsator.  Once I cleaned under the pulsator it looked clean and put it back, ran another self clean cycle and STILL the residue came back. I took the pulsator off again and I finlly realised the problem! The pulsator has a design issues where water gets in between the plastic white under part and the stainless steal top side, and then mold and residue builds up under and can't get back out.  I have tried to soak it by itself to no avail. There is visible "dark spots" of residue under the white pulsator.  I have 2 small children and one was born premature and the other has a heart condition and I have been washing my kids clothes in this disgusting maching. I can not belive that Samsung has not addressed this issues as seen by all the angry people with this product.  I want my money back from this faulty machine.20190525_013519.jpg

20190525_013746.jpg

20190525_100248.jpg

20191126_004131.jpg

20190525_013530.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Appliance_guy-1
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Washer NASTY brown residue even after several self clean cycles

FYI Lowe's, home depot, Walmart sells this stuff called washer machine magic. its awesome I recommend all my customers too use this on a regular basis. It also kills and stops mold and any other dirt build up

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send us a private message with your serial number so that we can look into this for you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userPKBbySf4ji
Constellation

I have the same issue! My machine is also four years old and I have tried EVERYTHING. The model number is WA45H7200AW/A2. I never received a recall notice from Samsung, but sounds like there's a universal problem and these aren't isolated incidents. Did you have a resolution?

user0w8LNd0VKT
Constellation

I'm having the exact same issues as well

userFFCDjEe1PY
Constellation

Was this issue finally corrected, or does Samsung still insist on recommending the useless "self-clean" cycle? I'm experiencing the same slimey grey-brown flegm-gunk that won't stop growing. Quite scary in terms of potential health impact and annoying becuase it's ruining my clothes.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userFFCDjEe1PY

We do like to verify that the steps listed at this link have been followed to no avail :

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/ 

And if that didn't work for you, please provide the full model and serial number, some photos and the following information via private message:

-First and last name

-Email address

-Physical address

-Best contact number

-Alt. contact number

-Bill of sale

-Place of purchase

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.