JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Washer - Residue (All Types)

(Topic created: 09-08-2020 07:00 AM)
user3Gs0X9mNnc
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

This morning was the final straw. Model # WA45H7000AW/A2 has had these flakes and sludge looking things ending up on my clothes and in the tub for about 3 years now. I thought it was an old piece of paper that got stuck somewhere and has been coming off in pieces over time. This morning my clothes were cover more than ever before so I did some research and found out this is an ongoing issue and that it's MOLD. Not only have we been in a pandemic but I find out that I've been washing and wearing clothes that have been covered in mold for 3 years!!! This is completely unacceptable SAMSUNG!!!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userH38UFNIK9h
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi,

I've bought my washer at Best buy april/20, from the beginning i've noticed that after a cycle mold was building up on the detergent drawer and also above the drawer (see photos). I tried the clean cycle and it doesn't help this issue. So, after EVERY cycle i have to take out the drawer, clean it with a soft brush and let it dry outside so it doens't get too disgusting but even so it seems not to help prevent the mold to build up. I'm 100% sure this is not supposed to happen on a such new appliance.

IMG_7402.JPGIMG_7405.JPGIMG_7406.JPGIMG_7408.JPGIMG_7409.JPGIMG_7410.JPGIMG_7411.JPGIMG_7412.JPGIMG_7413.JPGIMG_7414.JPGIMG_7415.JPGIMG_7416.JPGsting!

userKs7z3hquV3
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Check that your drain hose does not go down more than five inches, per manual. Mine is fine now, was almost 17 inches down from installers.

useriGYSmQb6qk
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I've ran the self clean option 6 times (3 with a washing machine cleaner and three without)and I'm still getting brown flakes in the bottom of my washer. I've watched videos on how to clean under the agitator but I cannot get the bolt off.  I've seen many posts and many replies but nothing that says the solution works consistently. I really don't want to be calling a repairman right before the holidays just remove a bolt and he tell me to clean out the machine. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

@useriGYSmQb6qk    I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
usernaLy8BGkwq
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

You’ve likely found a fix for this but if not try turning the bold clockwise. It’s opposite the usual “ righty tighty”. It says open with and arrow to the right but if your washer is anything like ours it was so covered in gunk we couldn’t see the arrow. Disgusting! 

0 Likes
userhShBEDhe7J
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have the exact same washer model as you and I am having the exact same issue!!!  Have you tried taking the agitator out to see what it looks like on the underside?  Oh my goodness, it is gross. There is actually mold on the INSIDE of the agitator. I'm waiting to hear back from Samsung on an adequate way to address this issue. Just in case you haven't looked at the inside of yours, here are pictures of mine. I am so embarrassed, disgusted, and disappointed that I have been washing my families clothes in this machine.

78812180-41E4-4899-8A4E-03AB33D2AAA3.jpeg

C51FD862-0D88-4723-9A79-C3CC269FE7A1.jpeg

EC83BFF1-E65C-4D5A-B604-DFB642C85E30.jpeg

userhShBEDhe7J
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I purchased my washer in June 2016. Model number WA45H7000AW/A2. I have followed the instructions in my user manual and run the self clean cycle regularly. 

A few days ago I did a load of laundry and notice that there was dirt on my clothes and dirt left in the tub of the washer. I cleaned out the dirt and immediately ran a self clean cycle. I was left with more dirt in the tub of the washer. I continued to run self clean cycles (17 of them) every time I would wipe out the dirt that was left in the tub. 

I called Samsung customer service and was told by the person that I spoke to that I needed to do an overnight self clean cycle. He told me to use affresh or oxi clean in the tub to set the self clean cycle and press the delay end five times, so that the self clean cycle would run over night for five hours. He said that this should fix my problem. 

After using the oxi clean as suggested by the Samsung representative I had even more dirt/mold in the tub of my washer than I had any other time before. I wiped it all out and ran another self clean cycle using oxi clean. I was still left with mold in the tub. 

3B579193-70C5-4670-9211-0F31B5F52DF0.jpeg

23F829B1-6A83-40B3-9943-52B7535997DB.jpeg

CD6077A6-2A23-455A-86A4-9139494A90B7.jpeg

I called Samsung customer service again and was told by the representative that I needed a service call. I was provided with the name and number of a company in my area. When I called the recommend company and explained the issue I am having, their exact words were "there is nothing we can do to help you."

I have now taken the agitator out of my washer to try and clean the mold myself, since this service company is not able to help me. If you look closely you can see that I have started to get the underside of the agitator clean. However, if you look you can see that some parts of the white are darker than others. That is mold on the INSIDE of the agitator. I keep spraying water into it and pieces of mold, keep coming out. 

My question is how do I get the mold out from the INSIDE of the agitator?  

Samsung, can you help me please?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link, and I will look in to this.

0 Likes
usernaLy8BGkwq
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have the same exact issue. Has a fix been found? 

3F7210A2-4B13-4B8E-A3B6-1494699F7922.jpeg

0 Likes
userhShBEDhe7J
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I purchased my washer in June of 2016. I have followed the the user manual instructions and used the self clean cycle regularly. This past week I did a load of laundry and found brown "flecks" or dirt on my clothing and on the inside of the tub, I wiped the dirt/mold out and ran another self clean cycle. Again, more dirt/mold. I ran probably 17 self clean cycles. EVERYTIME finding more dirt in the tub if my washer. I called Samsung customer service and was told by the representative to do an over night self clean cycle using affresh or oxi clean. He told me to start the self clean cycle and then hit the delay end button five times. The result, more mold left in my tub. I tried another self clean cycle using oxi clean again. More mold. 

I called Samsung customer service again. The person I spoke with said I would need a service call and provided me with the name and phone number of a company in my area. When I called this recommended company and explained the issue I am having, their exact words were "there is nothing we can do to help you."

After doing so research on line I have discovered that this seems to be a common issue for people. I was able to take the agitator out of my washer easily and was completely disgusted by what I found. I have began trying to clean the agitator and the inside of the drum, but I feel completely defeated.  You can see on one of the pictures that I have started to get the underside of the agitator clean, but if you look closely the white is "darker" in some areas. That is not a shadow. That is mold on the INSIDE of the agitator. As I run water through the holes, little flecks keep coming out. 

I am completely embarrassed, disappointed, and disgusted. My family has been wearing clothes washed in mold for who knows how long now.  This is completely unacceptable. 

Samsung please do better. D27F3DD0-E73D-4FCD-A223-700B33780522.jpeg

A293CFA1-758E-4860-BB17-2758BED5F544.jpeg

CD3FE440-3575-4E0F-A4EC-2A5417E31761.jpeg

926E4356-FD0A-4B9A-9429-375CA0FC6C70.jpeg