cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMVpresta
Constellation

Samsung Washer WA400PJHDWR/AA continuously rinses & spins (Serial #Y69Q5AECC......)

So I've only had this Samsung top load washer for a couple years and it's been acting up the past couple months. When the washer is in a spin cycle and starts to shake like crazy, it will either "DC" or immediately stop, the time will increase and erroneously goes into a rinse cycle. Once that finishes, it will go back into a spin cycle, then shake like crazy again, then either "DC" or immediately stop, then the time will increase again and it erroneously goes into another rinse cycle. I already had the recall completed in July 2017, which doesn't exactly do anything for this issue. And since I cannot complete a spin cycle, I have been manually ringing water out from all the clothes in order to throw them into the dryer. This is extremely time consuming and frustrating and I can't believe a simple thing as this could be so problematic for my entire household. I cannot purchase another Samsung appliance again. Simply unreliable!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Washer WA400PJHDWR/AA continuously rinses & spins (Serial #Y69Q5AECC......)

If you would like for us to look into this concern, you can send us a private message to the link with your serial number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userC2lmxsRkEJ
Constellation

Re: Samsung Washer WA400PJHDWR/AA continuously rinses & spins (Serial #Y69Q5AECC......)

I have the same problem.  Here is what I have been doing do get around the problem using diagnostics...

1. You can force the drain pump to run in the Quick Test Mode.  With the unit OFF, hold the Spin and Soil Level buttons while turning the Power on.  You will see the display alternate a number and graphic.  When the number is displayed, turn the cycle knob one step to the left.  The display should now be "00".  You can now run the drain pump with the spin button.  Run the pump until the tub is empty. Then...

2. Enter the Service Mode by holding the Delay Start and Extra Rinse buttons or a few seconds.  You'll hear some beeps.  Now conduct the Spin test by holding Delay Start and Pre-Soak for a few seconds, then release them.  After a few seconds the tub speed will slowly ramp-up from 0 to full speed.  You can stop the ramp-up and hold the speed at any level by hitting the Pause button.  When you think your load has spun sufficiently, press DelayStart and Pre-Soak together.  The speed ramp-up will continue to top speed, then slow down and stop.  This process is a pain, but has allowed us to use the washer until we can replace it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?