cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung dryer leaking natural gas

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone else experienced a Samsung dryer leaking natural gas into  home when dryer is not running?

Since I purchased the dryer, it leaks natural gas into my home when the dryer is not in use.  I have made several warranty claims and it is still not repaired.  I checked all external connections for leaks and replaced teh hose from the wall to the dryer and verified that there was not external leak.  I submitted a warranty request with this information and when the service tech arrived, he checked the external connection and said that there were no leaks "duh".  I submitted multiple subsequent requests for service and they were all canceled by the same service company.  I also discovered that there are no other service companies that service my area.  I was finally able to get someone to open a product liability claim days after my warranty expired.  They authorized a one time service call to check out my dryer.  The same service company Cone Appliance Repair in Louisiana arrived but with a different technician.  He ordered solenoids for the gas valve and returned a few days later and replaced the solenoids.  He gave me his phone number and asked me to call him if I had any further issues.  I called him several times and received no answer.  I called Samsung and got in touch with a customer service representative that argued with me that the dryer was out of warranty.  I realize that the dryer is out of warranty but service was delayed several times by appointments being canceled and after several months, my dryer is still leaking gas into my home.  I was connected to another representative with the product liability department and they said that they opened a new case but I am not sure if they just told me that to delay again because I have not heard back from them after several emails to the representative.  So I am still stuck with a dryer that leaks dangerous natural gas into my home if I forget to close the supply valve after I finish a batch of clothes.  I purchased a natural gas detector and have plugged it into a receptacle in my utility room and sometimes it is activated minutes after the dryer finishes a cycle.  A good reminder for me to turn off the gas valve.  I am not sure why the valve was not replaced or at least checked for leaks. I guess it is not a cheap part and Samsung is hoping I just give up and either buy a new dryer or pay for the repair myself.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung dryer leaking natural gas

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send a recent ticket number, or the model and serial numbers, to this PM link, and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send a recent ticket number, or the model and serial numbers, to this PM link, and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue is happening for a second time in the three years I have had my Samsung dryer.  It seems to be a product defect that should be recalled.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Finally I was able to get Samsung to issue a refund for this defective dryer!!!