Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mj2
Astronaut

Samsung vrt not draining

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My washer has no error on the panel. But it is not draining. If power is turned on and a cycle is picked, the motor makes sound but the water from previous cycle has not been draining and the time on any cycle doesn't change. In a way the washer is not doing anything, despite of all lights on the panel. Please help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung vrt not draining

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately if you are still having this issue, you will need to have this device serviced. If you would like to set this service up, you can do it here. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/request  Once this service is set up, the service center will reach out to you directly to verify any service dates and charges. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

106 REPLIES 106
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear this. Can I please have the full model number of your device? Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userkqGaaeY9nS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My samsung vrt is left with water from the previous cycle which it did not complete and it seem like it stopped when it needed to spin. I even tried putting the spin only cycle and it's not doing anything. My model is wf419aww/xxa 

userkqGaaeY9nS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My samsung vrt is left with water from the previous cycle which it did not complete and it seem like it stopped when it needed to spin. I even tried putting the spin only cycle and it's not doing anything. My model is wf419aww/xxa 

userY33QnPa6T0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had the same issue. Cleaned the lint filter in front. Didn't realise there was a baby sock stuck behind filter. Was about to put clean filter back in so I grabbed a long screw driver to hook sock and wAter came gushing out. Long story short visually look past filter for clog, worked me. Washer back to working

Dubsteppinadd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You have to replace the drain pump motor, at the bottom on the right side, it's hard but , I watched YouTube an followed most instructions,  after that is a peice of cake. This is my 3rd time replacing the pump in 6 years,  mine gets clogged with dog hair , burns up an dies, I clean the drain after each use now! 

userxhfveMTixY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

model WF448AAP/xaa02

@SamsungDrew wrote:

I am sorry to hear this. Can I please have the full model number of your device? Thank you. 

WF448AAP/xaa02

userkWTIWtfNo5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My washer has no error on the panel. But it is not draining. If power is turned on and a cycle is picked, the motor makes sound but the water from previous cycle has not been draining and the time on any cycle doesn't change. In a way the washer is not doing anything, despite of all lights on the panel. Please help.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there userkWTIWtfNo5, can you provide the model code and serial number for your unit having the draining issues? I'd like to look into this for you. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userxhShuJwoKd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have read this whole thread because I have the same issue with my wf42h5200aw washer that I purchased 06/16. I have learned only two things from this thread. 

1. Samsung support is completely useless and only cares to ask for your model number which is why I made sure I added mine. 

2. Check your drainage pump for baby socks and I don't have a baby in the house. . . soo.... 

Also, Samsung documentation is horrible. 

I recommend using a different product and company. No way I should have this must trouble with support and a product that is only a year and a few months old.