Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung vrt not draining

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you provide the model of the washer?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung WF 210  washing machine has begun behaving the same way as yours.  One episode in August -- and now a series of mid-cycle "freezes" today.  The washer stops at the same point each time --  at the end of the rinse cycle.   No "trouble ID" shows -- but nothing drains.  Hear a hum.   Cannot get door to unlatch to retrieve clothes either. 

Found that if I manually drain out some tub water via the lower front lint filter as a drain and take it down about 25%, the automatic drain function begins to work as usual and often the cycle continues to complete the spin cycle. 

I've had water on my basement floor  three times today.   What a hassle!  Drain hose appears clear with good force when the drain pump functions.  The bottom lint filter is completely clear.  

Have to believe that some "sensor" is likely defective -- not activating to start the drain operation.  Anyone know if this is a possibility?    Any other ideas?   

By the way MJ2 have you solved your problem since you posted?  Just curious.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there replytom, sorry to hear of your troubles. May I ask if you have unplugged the unit for approximately 30 secs to a minute to simulate a reset? You can also trip the breaker for a moment to do the same thing. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep -- did that early on in the process.  Left it unplugged for several minutes. 

Manually lowering the water level left in the tub at the end of the wash cycle also got things "to continue" and it spun dry as usual. 

Several owners of this machine reported the exact same issue.  Several reported it happening 4 out of every ten loads.  Most often with heavier loads (e.g. load of towels).  Sometimes the problem was cured when the drain pump was replaced.   Unfortunately several who went ahead and replaced the drain pump had the nd trouble notice begin again within a few weeks.  Others who replaced the circuit board also had the problem reoccur.  

The customer comments against this product for "this no drain" problem are furious. When I tried to get local service, several service companies in our area refuse to work on Samsung washers.  The authorized dealership listed on the Samsung website did not return my call. 

The drain pump part is around $100 and the circuit board $200.  You need to add labor and it is difficult to get access to the drain pump -- both top/front panels must be removed.  I originally paid $500 for the machine 6.5yrs ago. A U-tube video shows how but it is not easy.  Not sure I want to invest half that amount I originally spent to repair a 6+ year machine.  It is a shame as the machine works -- all systems functions -- except the "wash" drain.  

Guess a washer replacement may be in order -- and anything but Samsung this time.     

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately if you are still having this issue, you will need to have this device serviced. If you would like to set this service up, you can do it here. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/request  Once this service is set up, the service center will reach out to you directly to verify any service dates and charges. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have any recommendations other than setup a call with a service tech? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good morning @usermiGl36vPFx, May I have your model code? May I also ask if you are getting any specific error? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello just checking in to see if you may still need assistance?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is that service going to cost for someone to come out to fix it if it can because I’m very disappointed in this product I’d rather just give money to someone that the thing I purchase works