cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzI52uVkAIr
Asteroid

Samsung washer only makes power down chime. No other signs of life.

I was using my washer in steam sanitize.  I left it todo it's normal and came back three hours later to see the washer was still locked, has 2 hours and 41 minutes which Is the entire cycle, and would do anything. Even power off. So I unplugged it, waited and plugged it back in. The washer now when pressing the power button wont do anything. No lights, no sounds, nothing when pressed or the knob spun. After a few seconds you hear the clear sound of the chime when the washer turns off. 

I took the rear off and looked at the motherboard when I press the button. Green lights turn on from the rear of the mother board but go away when the power down chime starts. Check the fuse and voltages and everything seems to be good. Any advise? 

11 REPLIES 11
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Samsung washer only makes power down chime. No other signs of life.

I realize that this situation is difficult and I would love to help. Please send us a private message with your full model code and serial number?http://bit.ly/2kZXrit

userF3oijDxqmg
Constellation

Mine has done the same exact thing what was your remedy ?

userzI52uVkAIr
Asteroid

So far no. From what I can tell it's either the motherboard, power relay fuse, or visual board. I put a new power cord on it, cleaned everything. Placed a new fuse on the main board still nothing 

userF3oijDxqmg
Constellation

So mine is literally 1 week out of warranty lol you've been trying to fix yours for how long? Have u had a tech come out ? 

userzI52uVkAIr
Asteroid

So after messing around for hours a day, changing everything I offically scheduled an appointment with sears to come check it out tomorrow. If you can private message on here do so and well stay in contact through text or so and I'll let you know what they say 

userF3oijDxqmg
Constellation

I don't see a way to pm on here but if u would please update with the fix I would be eternally grateful !! 

userF3oijDxqmg
Constellation

How much does sears charge for a service call?

userzI52uVkAIr
Asteroid

UPDATE. the repair man estimated a repair of $500 and some change. The main PCB is completely dead even with lights showing up as a positive current. After testing the board is getting all the correct power just has something bad somewhere. 

userF3oijDxqmg
Constellation

The main pcb is the one in the back of the unit ?