JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washing Machine Continuously Spinning/Rinsing (All Models)

(Topic created: 06-17-2019 04:38 PM)
userOZ8RL6hEby
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My wife has hated this washer since we got it. Sometimes it works correctly but most often not. It runs on and on with rinse and spin for hours. I have to shut it off and usually put it on the quick wash setting to get it to finish. I saw in your notes that there might be air in the lines. No air! Also reset the machine by unplugging the power and holding the start/ pause button for ten seconds. Neither fixed this issue. She wants it thrown in the ditch but as a life long mechanic I'm sure there must be a cure? Is there any recalls on this washer on this problem? Is there a fix for this issue? Thanks, Frank Ward

304 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Please get back to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userlT4VpdtDIl
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Has anyone gotten this issue resolved?? If so what is the problem? 

It seems like most with this issue don't get a quick fix. 

I went through all the step with the online chat help and no dice!

So the next step is repairman - but sounds like that is a crapshoot as to whether or not they can fix it.

Any suggestions??

userI1VccCFxfQ
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Need fix for a machine that will not finish wash cycle. Gets to 7 min on spin cycle and adds time for rinse.  Load is balanced. Need solution.

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

@userI1VccCFxfQ This normally happens when the washer isn't balanced properly. Since you have stated that the load is balanced, it's possible that it needs service. Mind shooting me a private message with the serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usersTurpH8vRY
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi,

we bought our washer in

August 2018 and only recently did we notice that no matter how small or large the load, the washer will run for hours stuck between rinse and spin. I tried the Smart Care, no errors detected, I self cleaned, cleaned all filters... tried rinse and spin only with or without clothes inside. All gives the same results. The time will decrease up to 7 min and jump right back at 20 min until the machine gives up. What is wrong? What can we do?

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Have you checked if the unit is leveled? Over time it is possible for a washer to become unlevel from excessive use. Also, have you attempted to run a re-calibration mode on the unit? 

usersTurpH8vRY
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi,

those are some of the things I checked. The washer is leveled through and through and I re run calibration twice, still stuck on rinse and spin. 

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Understood. Thanks for confirming this for me. Please send us a private message to the link with your serial number. 

0 Likes
userBq1bkFEqMj
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My washer is having the exact same problem. Been leveled, calibrated and still rinses, spins, rinses, spins forever. 

usersTurpH8vRY
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

In our case, a wire was disconnected from the balance sensor and that’s why it would rinse and spinse forever, trying to balance the load. A technician came and changed the cable, it took one hour total and now it works perfectly fine. 

0 Likes