cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user7gpdyiehcE
Asteroid

Second Cracked Dryer Drum DV45H7000EW/A2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought this in November 2015.  After several months the dryer started making a thumping noise as it spun.  At first we thought it was the clothes but then relized it did it when it was empty as well.  I then noticed a crack in the drum along the back edge.  I sent in all images and documents to get a warrenty service request.  Repair came out and looked at it and said it was a bad wheel, but would have to order the drum.  He came back and replaced everything with out problem.  Showed me the broken wheel and was confident it caused the drum to crack.  I could  not tell you which came first the broken wheel or the crack.  Move forward to today.  The thumping started this week again.  I looked in the dryer and the drum is cracked again.  Am I going to have to go throught this every 7 months.  I submitted a repair claim today but it is now out of warrenty.  Should get a response next week and will post the results.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user7gpdyiehcE
Asteroid

Re: Second Cracked Dryer Drum DV45H7000EW/A2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is the resolution.  Samsung came out and replaced the drum.  While replacing the drum the technicion noticed a dent in the back of the dryer by the support wheel.  His conclution is that the dent has put the wheel out of place and it will happen again.  Since this was delivered and installed by Lowes it was our opinion that it was delivered this way. I went to Lowes yesterday and explained the situation.  They delivered a new dryer this morning and took the old one away.  I paid for the new one inorder to get a new warrenty date and they are refunding the original purchase.  They even honored the sale price of the original purchase on the new one.  Both Samsung and Lowes took care of their responsablilities.  Just wish the first technicion had noticed the dent.

Thank you,

56 REPLIES 56
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear this. Can we have your transaction number? Thank you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user7gpdyiehcE
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is this the number you are refering to?

Ticket Number 2155885184

userc8YE3W2Ibf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are on our second drum because of this same issue too. Very frustrating when it happened 2 weeks after our warranty ended. The first technician said he had not clue why it happened because there was nothing wrong that he could see inside. We had to duct tape a 3 year old dryer in order to use it so our cloths didn’t get torn. 

userNXUgIqk0BI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue. We had bought our dryer (and washer) fro mLowes in Dec. 2014. Two months ago the dryer started the thumping noise, upon inspection a crack was found. While out of warranty, fortunately, we had extended warranty fro mLowes. Called them and got a call from the local repair shop. We are informed that the drums are on back order! Looks like a lot of us are requesting replacements Smiley Happy Earlier estimate was 2 months, but we got it today (in a month) and it is replaced now. However, looking at all the messages here, we are worried that we will be revisiting this issue soon and our extended warranty expired Dec. '18, so keeping fingers crossed.  By the way, our older dryer worked for more than 10 years without fail and we got lured by the fancy digital looks and technology of Samsung Smiley Sad Oh, well, lessons learned ...

If we should make class action suit, how is it done? Let's not Samsung take us for granted. 

user3DZ7kjWAsu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have the same exact issue with model DV331AEW/XAA that was purchased in 2013 from Best Buy with a 5 Year extended warranty that just expired. Cracked drum and loud thumping noise that sounds like a pair of sneakers in the dryer. Three inch crack in the very back in the exact same place as all the photos I've seen. Are they waiting for someone's house to catch fire before offering to resolve this known issue.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very sorry to hear user3DZ7kjWAsu, if you would like to send us a private message we would be happy to look into this for you: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

useroa63XR4FPG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HI

Bought my dryer 2 yrs ago and having the same problem. The dryer drum is cracked and makes a loud sound when run. We bought it at best buy and it is now out of warranty ofcourse.

As I reasearched this issue found some many people with the same problem. What is Samsung waiting for? This is a recall kind of an issue. I am worried it could be a fire hazzard to run the dryer in this condition. Also, this is happen to most people out of warranty, but I dont think this is a warranty related issue, but a manufacturing defect that Samsung should take care of regardless of warranty. Or better yet recall this product!!!! My previous starter dryer (bought for $200 for the pair at best buy) lasted almost 13 yrs. This fancy and expensive machine should not have broken down in 2yrs.

I have sent a private message and hope for a resolution soon. Will keep this group posted on what happens next. 

userWB1TzvhHvw
Constellation

Cracked Dryer Drum

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have Samsung Dryer Model #DV405ETPAWR/AA that was purchased on 07/15/14. I do have the sales invoice. As with MANY of your other customers, the drum in my dryer has cracked. I am very concerned that, not onlly are my clothes being damaged, there is a very real possibility that the crack represents a FIRE hazard.  Disappointing that this is the quality that SAMSUNG considers acceptable.

Highlighted
user9CNB0AeiBy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION