cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userzsPp7KTpb3
Asteroid

Smart Home app won't connect to server

I've used the Smart Home app for my washer and dryer for well over a year, and haven't had issues until today.  When I try to load the app, it says "Connecting to server" with a blue circle the goes round and round and round, until finally it says "The connection between mobile device and Samsung smart home server has failed. Please try again."  I can't even get to the screen to see where my washer and dryer are. Occasionally it takes me to the login screen because it says "login is expired, Please login again," and when I do, the cycle repeats itself.  The issue is not with the wifi.  I have reset the wifi in my home multiple times, and I have uninstalled and re-installed the app multiple times today.  What else can I possibly do to get this working again? Half the reason I bought this washer and dryer was because of the smart technology.  The washer model numer is WA54M8750A* 

HELP!

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Smart Home app won't connect to server

If SmartThings or Smart Home indicates that the device is disconnected, perform the connection setup process again.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userzsPp7KTpb3
Asteroid

What does that even mean? I uninstalled and re-installed the app twice today and reset my modem. I can’t make it past the screen that says “connecting to server.” 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Follow the direction below to go through the setup process. 

1. Launch the Samsung Smart Home App on your smartphone.
2. If ‘Washer’ is not listed, tap Add Device > Select other devices> Washer on the app
screen. (If already added, remove it and re-add the device to the app.)
3. Press and hold Smart Control on your washer’s control panel for more than 5 seconds
until the ‘AP’ message appears on the display.
4. When the device registration is complete, turn on the Smart Control function on your
washer and control your washer remotely

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userzsPp7KTpb3
Asteroid

When I launch the app I can’t get past the screen saying it won’t connect to the Samsung server.  It won’t let me get to the screen to even see my washer or add one. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What kind of phone do you have and is it up to date?

userzsPp7KTpb3
Asteroid

I have an iPhone 8 and the software is up to date. I also tried it on my iPad to see if it would work on that, and I received the same error message about not connecting to the server. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We can confirm compatibility with Apple products. However, maybe Apple can provide some troubleshooting steps for the phone. I would recommend reaching out to them regarding this inquiry. 

userzsPp7KTpb3
Asteroid

Apple said it is a Samsung server issue, especially since I’ve been able to connect easily in the past. 

userrhEzbdzIfO
Constellation

The same thing is happening to me on my iPhone 5s. Everything is up to date, and I cannot get to add device screen as well. The same won’t connect to the Samsung server error.