cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userm7TE2GNBhK
Constellation

Takes 4 hours to dry a load of laundry

Less than 4 months old...

DVG50R5200 1 load takes close to 4 hours to dry.

Use Perm Press cycle. Lint trap cleaned every load. Air comes out of vent no issues. (I also do max spin in wash cycle)

Trying to recall if this has been issue since day 1, but seriously, it is only 4 months old!!! I hate this dryer and totally ready to buy another one (non-Samsung!)

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Takes 4 hours to dry a load of laundry

Hey! Thank you for reaching out, try this link out and keep us updated.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userm7TE2GNBhK
Constellation

I ran the vent blockage test and did not receive an error- status indicated no issues. I do have someone coming to clean it tomorrow nevertheless. The sensors are clean. I also tested by running it for a minute and teting the temperature- it does feel warm, I guess not sure if it is supposed to feel 'hot'?

It took 4 hours and 45 minutes to dry a load of laundry yesterday. Disappointing!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Is it doing this on any other cycle that you've tried? Has it done this over the entire 4 months that you've had the dryer?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you still needing assistance?