cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tgsmitty801
Constellation

Top Load Washer - White Residue on Clothes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a Samsung model #WA45M7050AW top load washer that was purchased and put into service in August 2018. It is a replacement for the 7000 model.

This washer leaves a white residue on dark clothing that has to be removed with a damp cloth. The 7000 model didn't do this. We probably underfill the HE detergent cup in the washer. So it isn't from too much detergent.

I have uploaded 2 pictures of the residue. Any help would be appreciated. We are very dedicated Samsung product consumers...

Thank you!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Top Load Washer - White Residue on Clothes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you have completed the Self-Clean cycles, and bubbles do not appear on an empty cycle, then repairs are recommended. Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to confirm, have you already ran the Self-clean/Pure Cycle on the unit?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

tgsmitty801
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, we have done that several times!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you run an empty cycle with no detergent, do you see bubbles in the water?

user21bD2mqvTY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue.  Have run the clean cycle and use luquid detergent.

userNQqu9t5d7K
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. Service men just left and we ran a clean cycle and the scum is still there. They said the drain tube was pushed too far down in the drain pipe. This didn't fix it either.  From the pictures on here that show scum under the agitator, when they come back I'll make them take out the agitator. We bought the protection plan for it so I will have them back every few months to clean the tub or replace it. How frustrating dealing with this kind of problem with today's technology. Shameful. 

userc6d3E9hDXF
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same residue on dark clothing and my pink pants show a dark residue in the wrinkles and look dirtier after washing.

userc6d3E9hDXF
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem. White residue on dark clothes and I have noticed especially on my light pink pants that there is a dark lint in the crease of wrinkles. I just had to rewash on their own because they looked dirtier coming out of the wash then they did going in.

userwy8q8CElfR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. We don’t use powder detergent. Only Woolite liquid detergent used.  No issues with our bottom front loader but only the top washer.  I’ve run clean cycles and there are no bubbles in the water when I run an empty load. 

user2ReCyXT582
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been having the same issue for a couple of months now, no matter what cycle or water temperature I use. I have done everything everyone has mentioned above, except calling for a repair service. I washed a set of black sheets and a few towels and they came out just fine. No streaks at all. However, clothing comes out with streaks of white/gray dusty lint just like the photos you attached. I really dont want to have to buy a new washing machine considering this one is practically brand new and rarely used as I travel 6 months out of the year.