cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mary_esp
Astronaut

Top Load washer Dirt residue/ mold on washed clothes

I've bought this top load washer by the end of  2016 and we've had this issue for a year in which after the clothes are washed they are left with a brown and sometimes white dirt residue. It has stained many of my professional pants and shirts not to even count those of my husband's.

I've tried doing a second wash and also tried the rinse and spin option but the residue is still there. I have used the self cleaning option but doesn't seem to help. I end up doing a manual wash on the sink but this is unacceptable, I want the machines to do their job and not take up my time washing them by hand. 

We have been loyal customers to Samsung brand but this time very disappointed of our money going to faulty products.

We demand that Samsung provide a solution or at least offer a rebate!

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Top Load washer Dirt residue/ mold on washed clothes

Thank you for reaching out to us! Have you tried the following:

To keep your washer tub clean, use the SELF CLEAN cycle at least once a month or every 20 cycles.
Perform the recommended procedures below when using the SELF CLEAN cycle. On 2011–2013 models, the SELF CLEAN cycle is labeled “Pure Cycle.”
Remove all items from the washer tub and ensure the tub is empty. Laundry left in the tub during the SELF CLEAN cycle may be damaged.
Press Power to turn on the washer.
Turn the Cycle Selector to SELF CLEAN (or select Pure Cycle).
Press and hold Start/Pause (Hold to Start).
After the SELF CLEAN cycle, leave the lid open to dry.
The water temperature for SELF CLEAN is set to Hot and cannot be changed.
When noticeable residue is present in the washer tub, add 1 cup (8 fl.oz or 240ml) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment before you start the SELF CLEAN cycle.
Do not use or mix any other detergent or chemicals during the SELF CLEAN cycle. If necessary, run a RINSE+SPIN cycle after the SELF CLEAN cycle has completed to help remove any residual residue.
Please be aware that certain usage and environmental conditions may result in residue build-up or odor in the washer tub.
Caution:
Check the washer tub before using the SELF CLEAN cycle. Remove any water remaining in the tub by running the SPIN ONLY cycle before starting the SELF CLEAN cycle.
If there is chlorine bleach left in the washer tub for an extended period of time, rust can occur.
If you have additional questions you can go here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/ 

usersvNXloUZLS
Constellation

We’ve had similar issues. Brown residue in wash and on clothes.  Ran self clean three times with bleach and still does the same thing.  Removed pulsator cap and it was covered in mold.  Spoke with a Samsung customer service rep online who tried to set up a service call with an repairman.  Proceeded to tell me the mold issue was cosmetic and that I would be responsible for the service charge since my warranty expired.  Beyond disappointed to see that so many customers are having similar issues, yet Samsung believes it is a consumer caused problem not a defect.  I’ve been a loyal Samsung customer but definitely wouldn’t recommend their products until this issue is resolved.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@usersvNXloUZLS Will you please send a private message with the model code and serial number of your washer and any ticket numbers you may have so I can look into this for you? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

userSc30mDJDLv
Constellation

Any resolution? I'm having the same issue, and I've done all the troubleshooting already. I'm within a year of purchase, and SAMSUNG is saying it's a maintenance issue. Then, they said it could be a manufacturer's defect. 2 hours later on the phone, they say they're going to schedule a tech (waiting for that call, unless they hung up on me and I was supposed to stay on the line) but if they deem it a "maintenance issue" I'll have to pay for the technician.

I think I am going to contact the BBB, and start leaving reviews everywhere to warn buyers. I've seen this issue come up, and no resolutions.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have your ticket number associated with this? I would like to look into this.