cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Top Loader washer mold/brown residue disgusting

I have seen almost 20 pages of the same complaint on multiple models of Samsung top load washers. We have a unit that is about 2 1/2 years old now, and it has been leaving this mold like substance after the wash. 

has Samsung issued anything to fix this solution?! 

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Top Loader washer mold/brown residue disgusting

Mesge

Highlighted
Asteroid

@user_1r27tlj wrote:

Mesge

I'm guessing your a representative of Samsung. What  kind of response is "mesge". Can you please give some more information regarding my currently useless washer machine. Thank you. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userWAEFwwpB1x Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send us a private message with your full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'd also like to know of the Samsung response for this. Same issue. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

@userM7ugnZE6K1 wrote:

I'd also like to know of the Samsung response for this. Same issue. 

They told me to run the self clean cycle on my machine up to 7 times, and also that it was not covered by warentee and that I would have to pay for a Samsung authorizes technician to come out and clean the machine... not helpful. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Has anyone successfully resolved this issue? Our top loader is 2 years old. We have taken it apart and cleaned all areas we can successfully reach. We have ran the cleaning cycle over 20 times, about half with bleach. The brown flakes CONTINUE to be in the drum and on clothes. We called Samsung and they said there is nothing they can do since it is over a year old. This is so upsetting. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userNGU5a9bgZP I know how frustrating that is and I am delighted to assist you Smiley Happy Could you provide the full model and serial numbers via private message as well as providing photos?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

We finally figured out tonight that the mold is trapped UNDER the agitator plastic!We finally figured out tonight that the mold is trapped UNDER the agitator plastic!

Highlighted
Asteroid

IMG_2559.jpgIMG_2560.jpg