cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Top Loader with Plastic Sink broken - AGAIN

I posted a couple of days ago on here about our top loading washing machine that has had the plastic sink replaced under an extended Lowe's warranty a total of 4 times. Three times the sink was replaced, the fourth time the service company was fed up with replacing the sink that they ordered the entire lid assembly because they said they were improved.

Well, we've had this machine a total of 3.5 years and now the sink has broken again at the hinges. The main lid is also cracking along the hinge as well, which is a first. All we do is open and close it to wash clothes... I think we've used the latest sink about 5x to presoak a shirt here or there.

Samsung reviewed my pictures they requested and now claim it's broken due to physical abuse. I seriously almost laughed out of my seat when I read this. How can you even claim this when you know it's been replaced 4x already? 

I think one of the best things we dealt with was every time we had it replaced the warranty company looked into the model number and serial number to see if it had been included in the recall (the recall where the washing tubs were literally flying out of the machine through the lid). Ironically enough our machine wasn't included! So basically it's just a lemon that has now required a 5th sink.

After this latest episode with them saying we broke it by damaging the unit I have vouched to never buy another Samsung appliance... perhaps nothing Samsung ever again. How disappointing that a company their size can't suck it up and admit my machine is junk and either send me another dumb lid and sink or simply replace the unit. In my opinion, I'm completely shocked it wasn't recalled considering all of the issues. 

By the way, this doesn't even include the electrical repair we had to pay out of pocket this last January because it wouldn't fill up with water and wash clothes. It was just out of our extended Lowe's warranty and neither them nor Samsung wanted to take care of us.

I included some photos of the damage from normal use. 
Completely separatedCompletely separated

Top lid is even cracking... almost looks brittle like an egg shellTop lid is even cracking... almost looks brittle like an egg shell

It always starts on the hinge of the sink (top right of pic)It always starts on the hinge of the sink (top right of pic)

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Top Loader with Plastic Sink broken - AGAIN

Hey, please continue our conversation via private message. I'm looking into viable options now.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I don't mind continuing as a private conversation, however we do want resolution. We were told continuously that our machine didn't fall under the recall which meant Samsung didn't offer a replacement machine. However if it's not recalled we do at least want the one we have to work. If this lid cracks just a bit more then we probably can't wash clothes. We already had an out of service washing machine in January due to the electrical problem needing to be repaired.

It's frustrating because we bought these units because we felt Samsung would be a high quality product and they would stand behind it if there were any issues. If our lid had been replaced once in 4 years I'd understand that it might be part of normal use. But we've had the sink replaced 4 times, including the complete top lid once I think last year. 

It's disappointing given the contiued issues we've experienced with the washing machine... I also believe our dryer had to be repaired once before as well... but I can't remember exactly what that problem was. 

Regardless, we bought them both brand new from Lowe's on 12/31/16. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Ours isnt as bad as yours, but the latch on our lid just broke.  probably 3 days after replacing the plastic cap in the center of the wash basin.  Seems like its starting to fall apart after 3 years.  

20200720_223114.jpg

Highlighted
Asteroid

I know it's frustrating - especially after we've had our "sink" replaced 4 times now. 

Samsung currently refuses to help us because I can't send them proof of purchase. Which is unfortunate because I can't find the receipt. It was purchased new from a Lowe's store and even had extended warranty on it from Lowe's, which expired this past December. Coincidentally that's also when our switch went out (in january 2020) so it wasn't covered under the extended warranty. Smiley Sad

If our washing machine had zero problems in the first 2-3 years of ownership I would have let it go and sucked it up, figuring it was our responsibility to pay for the repairs. But it's the SAME thing over and over and all we do is wash our clothes. Samsung owes us a repair or replacement, IMO, as we've been pretty loyal customers with their appliances.

If they wanted to do the right thing they would take care of the customer here (us) and fix their problem that continues to reoccur.