cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Top-load Washer constantly goes out of balance

I have a WA45H7000AW/A2 top-load washer, serial number <HIDDEN>  Ever since Samsung installed the fix for the top coming off, it seems the washer goes out of balance more easily than before.  But now, I cannot remember the last time I was able to wash a load, regardless of size, without the washer stopping due out of balance issues.  I just tried washing a single bed sheet without success.  I’m about ready to throw this washer away and get another brand.  I've tried the calibration process multiple times and it failed to work by following the instructions in the user's manual.  Each time, the washer simply starts a normal wash cycle instead of calibrating.  The manual says to press two buttons at the same time and then press power.  But is should say to press and HOLD the two buttons and then press power.  I checked the level, the hose, all the things suggested on other posts with no success.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Top-load Washer constantly goes out of balance

I went on Amazon and purchased replacement supports for the tub to remedy the issue.   I think it was about $50 for all 4.  Use your model number to purchase the appropriate replacment.  The issue is that the springs are not strong enough to support the tub under load.  Installation requires putting the washer on its side and is not difficult.  I recall wathcing YouTube videos showing the repair.  I had the whole thing done in less than an hour.  I have also seen where people attempt to reinforce the existing springs, but I had no luck with that.  See my most recent problem/post...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Washers-and-Dryers/Top-Load-Washer-WA5451ANW-XAA/m-p/1314665

Owning Samsung appliances is certainly not boring!!!  LOL

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Top-load Washer constantly goes out of balance

I have been thinking of replacing the tub hangers/supports but the other day, my wife washed a very small load, a few undergarments, etc., not enough to even cover the bottom of the tub and the load went out of balance.  Anyone else have any ideas?