cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carolinaguy
Constellation

Topload washer modulator cap

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a topload washer, Model: WA50F9A7DSP/A2, in December of 2014. This week while washing a load of bath towels and wash cloths the pulsator cap in the very center of the bottom of the drum broke loose. This leaves a nut, that either holds the drum in place or secures the bottom section of the washer, exposed and will damage the clothes when you wash.

I contacted Samsung support and was told that, while the drum has a 5 year warranty, this particular part of the drum is only covered for 1 year. Keep in mind that this is in the dead center of the bottom on the inside of THE DRUM. We went back and forth but it was very clear they were not going to replace the cap.The Samsung rep gave me the part number and contact information so I could order a replacement. One thing they couldn't tell me is why the cap broke loose to begin with. It doesn't make sense. It's either poor manufacturing or a design flaw.

Now that I see where my model is involved in the CPSC investigation into "self destructing washers" it makes me wonder. If it vibrates enough to cause the top of washers to "blow" off and it's to the point that an investigation is warranted, would it not make sense that the design flaw could cause the drum to vibrate enouth to cause my pulsator cap to break? How much vibration is necessary to break this piece of plastic from the drum?

You'd think a company that was going through a massive recall of cell phones and the publicity nightmare that goes with it, would be a little more flexible to help balance customer relations. Nope-not Samsung. My hope is that this results in a class action lawsuit so I can at least get reimbursed for a part I should never had to pay for in the first place. And I will never, ever, purchase another Samsung product.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Topload washer modulator cap

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A new cap would be needed, depending on the age of the unit we might can send this out at no charge. Could you send us a private message with the full model and serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

70 REPLIES 70
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear this. Can you please provide me your transaction number? Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
carolinaguy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm not sure what you are requesting. If you are referring to the invoice for the pulsator cap, there is nothing labeled as a transaction number. I have an invoice number, an order number, a customer number, etc. but no transaction number. Can you be more specific please?
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did we provide a number to you when you spoke to us? If not, please provide the phone number you reached out to us with. Please send this by private message. Thank you. 

userwZTBnj52dv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the WA48J7700AW/A2 Cap broke.  Hope it doesn't harm it to wash without it.  I ordered the pulsator cap and it came the wrong size.  The part listed is 1 3/4" in size and the opening for the cap is 2 1/4" so it doesn't fit.  Very dissapointed in this product and the plastic parts.

userAbBe8JR6W8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Samsung I live in Canada and have the very same problem. The pulsator cap has suddenly broken off without reason. My washer is still under its warranty so I called the applicance repair number to schedule an appointment to have this fixed and I was told by the operator that they felt that the request for repair would be "denied by the manufacturer". I would like to know why that is? Firstly it's still under its warranty and secondly it's not my fault that you have manufactured a machine with cheap plastic parts that easily break and potentially RUIN your customers belongings. I would like answers. Please contact me directly.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userAbBe8JR6W8, we recommend reaching out to http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus/

user6aazTgqKhE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also purchased the top loading washer in 2015, and the pulsator cap just broke off while washing a load of towels. I never received the recal information packet for my washer. Can you help me get my Samsung washer repaired, or connect me to some one who can help me.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A new cap would be needed, depending on the age of the unit we might can send this out at no charge. Could you send us a private message with the full model and serial number?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's a link: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97