cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMP5jjN4Uk9
Constellation

Topload washer modulator cap

I HAVE JUST WASTED AN HOUR OF MY TIME WITH SAMSUNG ONLINE CHAT, LETS SEE WHERE THIS AVENUE TAKES ME.

MY STORY, AS SUBMITTED TO SAMSUNG ONLINE CHAT TODAY WITH NO SATISFACTORY RESULT:

WA45K7600AW/A2 - Ser.# [edit]

Pulsator Cap # DC66-00887AX002

The machine was purchased at Sears July10, 2017, we go out of country 6 months out of the year and my wife being Thai, ends up washing most of our clothes by her hand. My accurate estimate of total hours of usage on this machine is approx. 25 hours.

This week while washing a light load of t-shirts and shorts the Pulsator Cap in the center

of the drum broke loose . As you know this leaves the bolt that holds the drum in place exposed and will damage my clothes when washed.

Two of the three plastic "legs" had broken leaving the cap useless and banging around in the machine, might I add that it seems that samsung has manufactured a machine with cheap plastic parts that break easily and also can provide a possible situation that could damage or RUIN our clothes!

I found many caps on Amazon and elsewhere for $6-8, while i thought this was excessive i went for it only to get caps that measured 1 3/4" in Dia and the cap needed for my machine measures approx 2" Dia.

I sent the cap back and extended my search into Samsung parts, Ha, I found one and I also found a $26-28 price tag on this plastic POS.- plus shipping!!

Haha, read ,my lips, there is NO WAY that is going to happen.

A new cap is needed and i understand that the drum has a 5 year warranty.

I am hoping that Samsung treats this matter in a sane manner and ships one out to me at n/c.

Can you take care of this or connect me to someone who can, please don't be foolish about it, i can be very loud if need be.

My information.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Topload washer modulator cap

We apologize. As the warranty on this unit expired over 18 months ago, we are unable to provide any accommodations for this issue.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userNbrWOFTmlT
Constellation

Well that's confusing, he said he bought it at Sears in 2...

Well that's confusing, he said he bought it at Sears in 2017 with a Five year warranty. How did it expire 18 months ago?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The following is from the warranty statement for this machine:

LIMITED WARRANTY TO ORIGINAL PURCHASER

This SAMSUNG brand product, as supplied and distributed by SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS AMERICA, INC. (SAMSUNG) and delivered new, in the original carton to the original consumer purchaser, is warranted by SAMSUNG against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for a limited warranty period of:

One (1) year part and labor,

Three (3) years stainless tub part (Part Only),

Ten (10) years washing DD motor part (Part Only).

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You can see the full warranty statement at this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/warranty/WA45K7600AW/A2

Highlighted
userMP5jjN4Uk9
Constellation

Samsung ha!

i just JB welded it in 

i don't want your POS cap for $28

If i need to get to the bolt underneath it, i'll take a hammer to it.