Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Topload washer modulator cap

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's a link: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usergOEUgMQmfF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing happened to me TWICE now.  Back in May I had to contact Samsung because this cap broke for the first time.  They did send me a replacemet (these modulator caps are made very cheaply w/plastic tabs that lock them in and are bound to break a lot)  NOW today while doing clothes, I found it broken off AGAIN.  I'm becoming very disappointed with this washer.  I need a replacement part again and this time I think I want a second as a back up.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usergOEUgMQmfF: Send us a private message with your model and serial number: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userSyxVuu6hTN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same here.  Mine just broke for the second time.  Cheap parts!

userLGBGqvQITB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine has broken twice.  The first time (under warranty), I called Samsung and they refused to replace it.  I asked why, and they told me it broke due to "customer abuse" - a ridiculous statement.  It is OBVIOUSLY a design defect.  Samsung needs to redesign this part and provide free replacements.  (Samsung fianlly did replace it free the first time after I escalated the issue to a supervisor, but now it has broken again because it the same original poor design.)

userh1ONI2tMXn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ours broke off tonight (also while washing towels). Since I’m already backed up on laundry and doesn’t sound like Samsung actually will help (bought the washer November 2014) has anyone had any luck ordering parts online and installing it themselves?

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

usersmwWTzzqjN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our cap broke off too, and the washer is leaving mysterious oily stains on our clothes. Could this missing cap be causing the oily stains? 

If not, I'm throwing out the Samsung and getting another brand. Had to buy two samsungs in 2 years because of the recall and now it's ruining clothes instead of cleaning them.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How long have you had the unit? 

usersmwWTzzqjN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Pretty sure I'm over a year now, but I've been calling and complaining about it since before the 1 year mark. If my complaint started before a year, am I covered under warranty?