JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washing Machine Continuously Spinning/Rinsing (All Models)

(Topic created: 03-14-2020 07:39 AM)
userOZ8RL6hEby
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My wife has hated this washer since we got it. Sometimes it works correctly but most often not. It runs on and on with rinse and spin for hours. I have to shut it off and usually put it on the quick wash setting to get it to finish. I saw in your notes that there might be air in the lines. No air! Also reset the machine by unplugging the power and holding the start/ pause button for ten seconds. Neither fixed this issue. She wants it thrown in the ditch but as a life long mechanic I'm sure there must be a cure? Is there any recalls on this washer on this problem? Is there a fix for this issue? Thanks, Frank Ward

304 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

@ usereUcZ7WweLd Let's look into this further. Can you send a private message here: http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F with the serial number of the unit as well as the contact phone number associated with the account that completed the recall repair?

0 Likes
usereOrILafmWl
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have samsung washing machine, Model number WA422PRHDWR/AA 01  and I have similar problems. I too had the recall described above and I too still have the dc error code and yes, it gets stuck on the rinse cycle. What is the fix? 

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

The DC error code is an unbalanced load error on your washer. This will prevent the washer from spinning. Do you receive this error when you run an empty cycle?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userxm8PUqkQxH
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have the same exact problem with my machine (WA400PJHDWR/AA, #<hidden>). The recall work (new screws and sticker) was done on 9/10/2019 (less than the 1 yr warranty extension).  How do you get Samsung to repair this widely known problem? It is at the point that it will not even do light loads on the low spin setting without shaking and throwing the "dc" code. Tired of hand ringing the laundry & over using the drier! Extremely unhappy with this Samsung washer, which was supposed to be highly rated at time of purchase!

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

Check that the latch is securely fixed, laundry or other items are not caught in the door, and the door is closed and secured correctly.   

*If your Top Load Washing Machine is continue to spin and rinse try the following*

Check your washer load size, and the cycle you are using: 

• Check the load size and weight. (Check our laundry load size guide for more details.)
  • Make sure the laundry is distributed evenly. Your washer will have trouble if all the laundry is to one side. This will cause it to vibrate a lot when it spins, in which case the washer may choose to spin slower or not at all. 
  • Match the laundry type to the cycle. Each wash cycle is designed to wash specific fabric types and soil levels. Matching the cycle and type of laundry is always going to result in the best performance. Choosing the wrong cycle for your laundry will often cause errors and/or bad performance. 

Make sure the washer is level: 

• Try to rock and wobble the washer (front load washers only).
  • Use water to weigh down the tub and make sure it stays centered (top load washers only).
  • Adjust legs as needed.
  • Run a test cycle.

Look at Step 2 for leveling:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01000997/#make-sure-the-washer-is-level 

Make sure the washer's drain hose is installed correctly.

• Check that it's inserted between 6 to 8 inches. If the drain hose is more than 8 inches deep, it causes a siphoning effect which over time will cause issues with the washer.
  • Make sure the drain hose does not form an airtight connection.
  • Measure and confirm the height of the drain hose.
  • Inspect the drain hose for damage, kinks, or bends.
  • Confirm the drain hose holder is installed.

Run calibration mode on your washer:

• Remove everything from your washer.
  • On the WA456, press the Delay Start and Eco Plus buttons simultaneously, and then press
    the Power button. On the WA422 or WA400, press the Delay Start and Pre Soak buttons
    simultaneously and then press the Power button. The machine turns on.
  • Press the Start/Pause button to activate “Calibration Mode”.
  • The pulsator rotates clockwise and counterclockwise for approximately 1 minute.
  • When “Calibration Mode” is finished, “End” (WA456*) / “En” (WA422*, WA400*) appears on
    the display, and the machine automatically turns off. The washing machine is now ready for
    use.
  • If the tub does not spin by the time this process completes, service is required.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

- If you're OUT of warranty, use the following link to locate a service center in your area

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userxm8PUqkQxH
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Reprogrammed (your instructions were not correct for this model) and checked level. Ran an empty load and it still banged around, butdid not shut itself off.

0 Likes
userxm8PUqkQxH
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Tonight we once again went through all the trouble shooting, check level & stability, reprogramed, ensured no blockages, etc. on this toploader (WA400) and evenly distributed four towels on the low spin cycle. It doesn't matter how full, it spins out of balance (even empty!) until the "dc" code turns the machine off. 

It is under the 1 year extended warranty following the recall repair. Per your instructions, I need to "have service processed".  At what address do I PM you to get this started?

0 Likes
user7Y5ODil0mC
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

We have been having the same issue.  Model number #WA45H7000AW//A2.  This has been going on for awhile and seems to be getting worse.  I had a repair person come out and he said he had the issue is with the machine.  He said he has seen this multiple times and it is a problem with the washer that Samsung should correct.  That led me to this site. We've tried all the suggestions above, now what?  

0 Likes
userPfr6KD28GR
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

This is exactly what my Samsung washer has started doing. It literally sounds like it is going to come through my laundry room door. I can put towels in and it stays on the rinse cycle and tries to kick over to spin and when it does, it gets so loud, rocks back and forth, and makes a thumping noise. I have tried all of the suggestions above and still doing the same thing. @SamsungAl @samsung978531 

0 Likes
userKbcwB9Q78i
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello, I have the same model. I have also had numerous repairmen come out and still not fixed. Did you ever find a resolution?

0 Likes