JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washing Machine Continuously Spinning/Rinsing (All Models)

(Topic created: 01-18-2018 09:54 AM)
userOZ8RL6hEby
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My wife has hated this washer since we got it. Sometimes it works correctly but most often not. It runs on and on with rinse and spin for hours. I have to shut it off and usually put it on the quick wash setting to get it to finish. I saw in your notes that there might be air in the lines. No air! Also reset the machine by unplugging the power and holding the start/ pause button for ten seconds. Neither fixed this issue. She wants it thrown in the ditch but as a life long mechanic I'm sure there must be a cure? Is there any recalls on this washer on this problem? Is there a fix for this issue? Thanks, Frank Ward

304 Replies
UnhappyOwner
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I purchased the WA422PRHDWR/AA Samsung washer four years ago.   Ironically, the three-year protection plan was also purchased but no use now.  A couple of weeks ago I began getting the dc code (unbalanced load) and noticed that my spin cycle would reset.  After reading all the previous post from customers, I see that this is a common problem with the Samsung washers.  Is this an engineering defect?  Has Samsung addressed the issue? 

Interestingly, a while ago, a service man came out to do the recall work (i.e. place a new sticker on my machine).  And the recall had to do with the washer tops possibly coming off during the spin cycle (does this mean that Samsung knows that the washer is going out-of-balance?

I tried re-calibrating the washer - and it did not fix the problem.

I will be calling a Samsung authorized center to find out what the charge is to fix this known-issue.  Depending on the cost, I may be out shopping for a new washer (that is not a Samsung). 

I would love to hear that Samsung (due to the chronic issue it's customers are reporting) has determined that this is a defect in engineering and that they are covering the charges to "fix" this problem. 

UnhappyOwner
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers
Somehow I have two posts for the same topic...sorry. Good news - just got off the phone with Samsung customer service and since by recall "work" was done in June of 2017, my warranty was extended one year (until June 2018). My issue will be covered under warranty.
0 Likes
pledwards
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
what was the eventual outcome? What was the fix?
0 Likes
pledwards
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I've been in communication with Samsung via email for 4 weeks. I had 2 repairmen out to look at my unit. I didn't want to replace the mother board at a cost of $400. Samsung asked me to try one last thing, which I did on Saturday. Check the washer for level. My washer was out of level apparently when it was installed two years ago. I re-leveled the feet an voila......the spin cycle actually worked.  

So the moral of my story is....check for level before spending any money on repair.  

0 Likes
techie127
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thanks for sharing that

0 Likes
userRwuGfoe9cZ
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Also having the same issue with the unbalanced load and refilling on Model No.l WA56H9000AAP.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

@userRwuGfoe9cZ   We are sorry to hear about this. Please send your serial number to this PM Link.

0 Likes
user4EbljPJq4N
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have been having the same issue with my top loader model # WA5451ANWXAA02. It keeps repeating rinse, spin cycle. Have tried moving clothes around. Just check the level and it was perfect.

May be time for a new machine.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Could you send us a private message with the serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usereUcZ7WweLd
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello, I also have a WA5451ANWXAA02, and have the problem similar to that described by @user4EbljPJq4N.  In amplification, I had the shaking/top separation problem--using either the Towel or Bedding settings, the machine shook like crazy, and the front clips would occasionally break free.  Thankfully, however, the back mounting panel mounting screws always prevented the top from flying off.  The machine always struggled to successfully get through loads programmed with a High spin speed--we have been very familiar with the "dc" unbalance code since we've had the machine.  

We had the recall work done to install the uprated screw/bolts on the top, and received the sticker.   Even with that (essentially removing Towel and Bedding), we still get code "dc" on about 80% of loads (with the attendant fill "do loop").  The machine is pretty close to level--I say "pretty close" because the machine typically "walks" during the spin cycle, ending up in a different place than it started.

I suspect that the suspension rods holding the drum have slackened due to cycling wear, resulting in the high proportion of code "dc" events.  But I'm reluctant to simply replace the rods, because they seem more like symptom than cause.  The fundamental problem seems like this machine shakes like crazy (and always has).

Any thoughts on how to address this would be highly appreciated.  May salvage my relationships with both Samsung and Consumer Reports (which recommended I buy this machine in the first place).  Thanks.