Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
UnhappyOwner
Asteroid

Unbalanced load in washer causes fill, spin, fill cycle to continue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased the WA422PRHDWR/AA Samsung washer four years ago.   Ironically, the three-year protection plan was also purchased but no use now.  A couple of weeks ago I began getting the dc code (unbalanced load) and noticed that my spin cycle would reset.  After reading all the previous post from customers, I see that this is a common problem with the Samsung washers.  Is this an engineering defect?  Has Samsung addressed the issue? 

Interestingly, a while ago, a service man came out to do the recall work (i.e. place a new sticker on my machine).  And the recall had to do with the washer tops possibly coming off during the spin cycle (does this mean that Samsung knows that the washer is going out-of-balance?

I tried re-calibrating the washer - and it did not fix the problem.

I will be calling a Samsung authorized center to find out what the charge is to fix this known-issue.  Depending on the cost, I may be out shopping for a new washer (that is not a Samsung). 

I would love to hear that Samsung (due to the chronic issue it's customers are reporting) has determined that this is a defect in engineering and that they are covering the charges to "fix" this problem. 

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
UnhappyOwner
Asteroid

Re: Unbalanced load in washer causes fill, spin, fill cycle to continue

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Update: I just got off the phone with Samsung customer service and good news: since the recall "work" was done in June of 2017 - my warranty was extended for one year. Samsung will repair my machine under warranty.
3 REPLIES 3
UnhappyOwner
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Update: I just got off the phone with Samsung customer service and good news: since the recall "work" was done in June of 2017 - my warranty was extended for one year. Samsung will repair my machine under warranty.
usersud6JAOeKR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What did they do to fix it?  They did that for me too and they replaced the suspension rods....didn't fix the problem and now they wont do anything.  

usersud6JAOeKR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone had any luck with any repair they have done for this problem?  I can't tell  you how disappointed I am with not only Samsung but the service providers they recommend.  I have replaced the suspension rods as recommended by Samsung.  Made no difference.  Replaced the control board at the recommendation of the service provider.  Made no difference.   I'm hundreds of dollars into repairs and this washer is useless.  I can't in good conscience sell this washer even.  Samsung has yet to provide a solution from what I have been able to find.  The only fix/hack that I have seen online is to line the space between the tub and the exterior of the washer with folded up foam pieces!!!!   This seems incredibly unsafe and a great place for mold to grow.  Come on Samsung!!!  I can't sit on another chat with you and go through the same trouble shooting process again and again for you to say they will contact a service provide.  There are very few service providers that will even touch these things because they are junk.