JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washing Machine Continuously Spinning/Rinsing (All Models)

(Topic created: 07-28-2019 12:54 PM)
userOZ8RL6hEby
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My wife has hated this washer since we got it. Sometimes it works correctly but most often not. It runs on and on with rinse and spin for hours. I have to shut it off and usually put it on the quick wash setting to get it to finish. I saw in your notes that there might be air in the lines. No air! Also reset the machine by unplugging the power and holding the start/ pause button for ten seconds. Neither fixed this issue. She wants it thrown in the ditch but as a life long mechanic I'm sure there must be a cure? Is there any recalls on this washer on this problem? Is there a fix for this issue? Thanks, Frank Ward

304 Replies
usersud6JAOeKR
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

What did they do to fix it?  They did that for me too and they replaced the suspension rods....didn't fix the problem and now they wont do anything.  

0 Likes
usersud6JAOeKR
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Has anyone had any luck with any repair they have done for this problem?  I can't tell  you how disappointed I am with not only Samsung but the service providers they recommend.  I have replaced the suspension rods as recommended by Samsung.  Made no difference.  Replaced the control board at the recommendation of the service provider.  Made no difference.   I'm hundreds of dollars into repairs and this washer is useless.  I can't in good conscience sell this washer even.  Samsung has yet to provide a solution from what I have been able to find.  The only fix/hack that I have seen online is to line the space between the tub and the exterior of the washer with folded up foam pieces!!!!   This seems incredibly unsafe and a great place for mold to grow.  Come on Samsung!!!  I can't sit on another chat with you and go through the same trouble shooting process again and again for you to say they will contact a service provide.  There are very few service providers that will even touch these things because they are junk.  

usertOEf1yK6sG
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Washer spins, goes "off balance", adds time - and this repeats.  Samsung forums suggested:  Door switch, bundle of wires loose and motherboard.

After searching specifically for this model, I found others have this same recurring "off balance/add time" issue.  FINALLY, I found a YouTube which showed a similar model with the same issue.  

Thankfully, we found the issue.  The machine has four shock absorbers on the bottom.  They needed to be replaced.  This solved the "out of balance" issue during spin.

St3v3C
Sun
Options
Washers and Dryers
good info. thanks for sharing
userGtXsvD5nDY
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

the machine repeat spin & rinse cycle, when it still have 19 mins remaining. Model: wf42h5000aw/a2 please tell me how to fix it?