Original topic:

Unbalanced top load. 2 new parts still gets Unbalanced.

(Topic created: 10-04-2023 02:44 PM)
Jmnelson289
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Samsung Washer model wa50r5400av. Keeps going unbalanced. Can't wash jeans or towels. Only small loads. Put new suspension rods and clutch assembly, got better but still no towels or jeans without going unbalanced. When i turn it on with nothing in it, the drum spins unbalanced. Drum ring seems on I hear water at the top. Bad drum? Anyone have my solution?

6 Replies
devinclarke
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you're having with your Samsung washer model WA50R5400AV. It seems like you've already taken some steps to address the problem by replacing the suspension rods and clutch assembly. However, based on the symptoms you've described, such as the drum spinning unbalanced even when empty and water at the top, it's possible that the drum itself might be the culprit. An unbalanced drum can lead to difficulties when washing heavier loads like jeans and towels. Considering these factors, it might be worth investigating the condition of the drum and exploring potential solutions related to it.

I hope this helps, and good luck with resolving the issue!

0 Likes
kmarvinj
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

do this:

https://youtu.be/iRry5mju_Xc?si=Bt324IpkZfOS3IyG

it fixed mine. 

And it was MUCH easier than taking it apart and rebuilding it like I had done to no avail prior to this fix.

0 Likes
Whatley92
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am having the same issue. Curious if you replaced the drum? Did it resolve your problem?

DaynaHartley
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

There's an old post on here about a code you can enter after the notoriously bad suspension/tension rods are replaced, as they seem to consistently fail in all of these top load Samsung washers. 

Here's what it said: "There is a function on this model (calibration) that address this issue.  1st power on the machine, then simultaneously press "Temp" and "Delay End" then press start.  This function calibrates the "X" "Y" axis of the washer drum.  It will take about 2-3 minutes to complete and rotate the drum multiple times at various speeds.'

That didn't help my machine. I've only had the WA50R5200AW for two and a half years, and we bought it for 900, and the tension/suspension rods have already gone bad, and it will cost us 400 to fix. I would never recommend Samsung to anyone after this, and their customer service is beyond useless.

0 Likes
kmarvinj
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

do this:

https://youtu.be/iRry5mju_Xc?si=Bt324IpkZfOS3IyG

it fixed mine.  It requires 3 minutes and a drill.

And it was MUCH easier than changing suspension rods, taking it apart, and rebuilding it, which I had previously tried with no success.  

0 Likes
userjPoQqTQpBE
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

After having this same issue and going crazy for 6 months I found that video and I said there's nothing else to lose I did that and Waowwww it work no more unbalance issue. Wish I would find video earlier 😪 

0 Likes