cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Under warranty Samsung Dryer sent fire, sparks, and smoke!

My daughter's Samsung Dryer, not even 11 months old - turned into an electrified unit.  It sparked, smoked, and literally had fire coming out of the side of it welding the metal dryer to the metal washer!  They were connected!!!  My daughter thankfully knew  to flip the breaker instead of touch the dryer.  She called an electrician, who inspected the dryer, and the electrical outlet, and found the outlet to be fine, that the dryer must be defective, faulty, so he told her to call the samsung manufacturer.  Samsung sent out a tech, who was not professional, did not listen to the description of the events, and wrote that it was  "Physical damage" and not warranted by SAMSUNG.  Has anyone ever had this happen with their Samsung Dryer?  The Tech was so afraid of the dryer, he refused to plug it back into the wall (My daughter unplugged it after she threw the electrical breaker) the tech refused to turn it on, and while he had his boss on the phone, said, "It is too dangerous to test!"  So .... I ask all of you - Is this how a reputable company like Samsung stands behind their product?  After my daughter talked to numerous people at Samsung, they denied her warranty claim.  Please respond to my post.  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Under warranty Samsung Dryer sent fire, sparks, and smoke!

I would be more than happy to look into this further.  Could you send me a private message with a transaction number that I could look into?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Mine did this 3 days after the"warranty" expired go figure. As much as they cost it should be 2yrs at least.  Then they won't let me schedule a repair the website is acting up. Super irked always bought Samsung never again

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this please send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello. Please get back to us as soon as you can so that we can assist you with this.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.