cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Unreliable Products

I will never ever ever buy another Samsung appliance!  I bought a front-load washer 8 years ago.  It has been serviced four or five times to the tune of about $1000.  It is currently holding my clothes hostage...  I can't even get the door to unlock to remove them.  I also bought a Samsung dishwasher about 5 years ago.  It has been serviced three times, mostly for leaks, and it still leaks from time to time.  My Samsung refrigerator, also 8 years old, has not required service, although every now and then, it gets in a mood where it gets very noisy for 30 minutes or so.  Moving on!

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Unreliable Products

Oh no!  Could you possibly provide the model of your washer?  I would like to see if we may be able to get your clothes out.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Re: Unreliable Products

I have a Samsung dryer I purchased from Lowes and within 8 months I was getting horrible sounds.  Thankfully it was still under warranty.  I was initially told that the steel drum was becoming too hot and now out of round. . .  By the third visit from a different repair service, the repairwoman held up a plastic piece which was a roller that the drum sits on as it rotates.  She shook her head and noted that Samsung seemed to be declining in the quality of their builds and explained that cheap plastic pieces would never hold up under this type of heat and weekly use.  She went out to the truck and brought back 4 metal rollers, installed them and I have never had a problem since then.  It seems their lack of build integrity extends to their tv's today as well.  I have a $2700 tv that was one month out of warranty when it developed the purple ghosting lines throughout the screen.  Samsung won't budge.  I'll build off this conversation on a different thread for TVs.  Bottom line. . . I'm moving to another brand with better reliability.  Samsung of 10 years ago is no longer the quality it used to be.