Original topic:

WA44A3205AW/A4 8C code but doesn't have a mem sensory

(Topic created: 11-29-2021 06:59 PM)
userxU714XxjPO
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Washer is less than a year old and it started throwing an 8C code, bypass it by pausing and starting it back up.  Friday the code didn't come back but now it will not advance beyond "Rinse" where the light will blink and the dial mode light also blinks.  Owners manual didn't list the 8C code and a quick search found that it's tied to a mems sensor on the side or bottom of the drum.  I decided to look for the part online and DC93-00278B is linked to the washer in many sites as being the sensor so I ordered it to fix myself after reading the horrible reviews of the repair service Samsung contracts.  Part shows up today and I spend 4 hours searching every square inch of this washer and that sensor does not exist on any part of the drum or housing or anywhere. 

Samsung parts only carries two manuals, partsdr and every other parts site has not been helpful and the youtube videos that cover the process are for models other than what I have.  Honestly it's surprising how there is absolutely no information online about this washer.  Does anyone have any information on if this washer has a mems sensor?  The only part I found that is questionable is a larger peice bolted to the bottom center of the drum where the clutch is located with the gears and the only part number is 2104.

Update:

Spent more time today really looking over the washer and found where the mems sensor is supposed to be mounted to across from the clutch at the edge of the outer drum.  What I could not find is the pigtail / plug along the harness.  So it looks like the harness was not made properly at the factory and the line worker(s) did not report the issue to a supervisor and put it together that way.1mem.jpg

0 Likes
2 Replies
userxU714XxjPO
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers
Second update: I logged into my Samsung account wanting to verify that I had put in the correct serial number for the washer because it has been a nightmare trying to find out any information on this model. As soon as I get to the washer information I see that my service call was completed on 11/29/21 yet my service call was scheduled for 12/10/21. There were no notes on the account and no emails about the change in status. I started chat support and found out that the service was canceled and changed to an exchange yet still no information from the representative as to why and to wait a few days for additional details. In 12/1/21 I called customer support and spoke with Antonio, he stated the reason for the change was that the part was no longer manufactured and I would either get a refund or replacement. I tried starting the exchange process but without the receipt I would not get a full refund and no exchange. Antonio sent me a text so I could text a picture of the receipt when I was at home. I sent it to him an hour later and didn't hear a thing back.

I called back again and this time spoke with British, explained the situation and sent her the same picture because Antonio didn't complete the process. I was then informed that it would take 10 - 14 days for the process to happen and it had to be approved first.

I'm not happy about how this experience has went with getting the problem fixed. How is it possible that the part in question is not made anymore on a model that's not old and is still being sold by many retailers around the world. I was able to purchase the sensor from Amazon and it's available on a number of websites for appliance repair services and businesses. Another thing that is a serious issue is that Samsung listed my warranty expiring in March despite the fact that I purchased the washer on 7/7/21, if they did that with my washer what does that mean for other customers? This would mean that warranties would end sooner than supposed to and end up costing many people money when it shouldn't.
0 Likes
userxU714XxjPO
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers
3rd update: Out of the blue it's working but on quick wash. I have no idea how this washer is working without the sensor.
0 Likes