cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

WA48J7700AW/A2 washer 8C2 error

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Washer is 3 years old. My washer occasionally gives an 8C2 error code when checked in diagnostic mode. Sometimes the washer runs its cycle fine, sometimes it starts yelling in the middle and fills and drains over and over. 

From what I've researched, it looks to be the mems sensor. But I'm no expert.

I flipped the washer and took the current one off and put it back on, should be simple enough to swap out. Still having the same issue after taking the sensor off and putting it back on. 

I was wondering if anyone had an idea if anything else could cause this error code before I go and buy a new sensor? Trying to avoid a chain of changing out parts and throwing a ton of money into this washer .

Greatly appreciate any advice

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: WA48J7700AW/A2 washer 8C2 error

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So that error code does mean the mems sensor has gone bad and needs to be replaced. You can go to samsungparts.com and order a new one from there or you can call into the parts department at 1-800-627-4368

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So that error code does mean the mems sensor has gone bad and needs to be replaced. You can go to samsungparts.com and order a new one from there or you can call into the parts department at 1-800-627-4368

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll order it and slap it on. We will see if it corrects the problem. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just for anyone reading this down the line... the sensor did not correct anything. A brand new one from the samsung parts website was installed, and the error was not corrected. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same error on a different Samsung model. I feel your pain. So far I have replaced the mems sensor and the main PCB board. Tested all the wires in the harness. Still have the error. If I figure it out I'll message back. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userNGR1up8GUL @useri6kLBF1MqT @SamsungAl 

Same issue. We had a tech come out and for $89 he said it was the PCB board and then he quoted us 735 to replace it. We ordered the part ourselves and replaced it. The same error code persists. 

I'm at a level of frustration right now that no one should come near me. It's frustrating that he would have walked away with 735 and this thing still not work but I'm sure he would have found other parts to subsequently replace. Never buying a Samsung washer again

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I checked the wires, replaced the MEMs sensor, replaced the PCB board and I'm getting the same error.  Did anyone find a solution.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Samsung tech at my house right now..... according to his master tech there is an issue in the wiring harnesses and might need replacement..... I also replaced the mems and pcb already. I will update if they fix it

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the WA50K8600AV/AA and I am getting the 8C error and when I do the SmartCare I get MEMS sensor error. I replaced the MEMS sensor, PCB (Main) Board, in addition, I replaced the Motor Drain-Clutch, Pressure Sensor, and Drain Pump. I could only get the washer to work when it was tilted back about 30-45 degrees here and there. Only a few more parts to replace. Smiley Sad

I ordered the main wire harness to see if that solves the problem should be here Monday.

SOLUTION: The Main Wire Harness came in Saturday (I paid for 1-day shipping)  I put it on and it fixed the problem no more error codes. I also did a calibration considering I had the thing on the side. But so far 3 loads with no issue! Smiley Happy